Menu
Gordo100
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Multiple orders

I tried to place an order for a SIMO £15 20GB rolling plan on Wednesday, however when I clicked submit, I was presented with an error. I chatted with support who said that my order hadn't gone through and I should try again, tried again with the same error. I was then told to place the order using another email address, still according to support, no orders had been received. I called up on the Thursday to be told that I had 2 orders to 2 different email addresses, but that neither had gone through. On Friday I then received 2 emails to one address and a third email to my second address to tell me my order was successful. I only want one sim, but will there have been 3 credit checks done on my account?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Multiple orders

Hi Gordo100

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Apologies to hear about the issues you've had placing the order, but I'm glad this has now gone through for you.

We usually run a credit check with every application, however it's possible the previous orders didn't go through because we were unable to complete the necessary checks for one reason or another (such as missing or incomplete information or a technical issue).

It's unlikely that, if three checks were completed, that this will have any long term impact on your credit file, however if you do have any major credit applications planned in the next few months (such as a mortgage for example), it's worth checking your credit file for reassurance as this will indicate how many credit searches have been placed.

It is a good idea to check your credit report regularly- particularly if you have a major credit application coming up and most credit reference agencies do provide a free trial, so you can view the report at no cost and you can also request a statutory copy of your report for £2.

If multiple checks have been completed, we can ask our credit team to take a look for you.

Please let me know how you get on.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos