Menu
Pete9901
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

More porting woes

Hi everyone,

Have signed up here to try and get some help with a number porting issue. I see there are loads of posts about this sort of problem, so mods feel free to move this thread if necessary.

About two weeks ago I ported two Virgin mobile numbers over to Three. Both numbers were ported on the same day. One port went port went perfectly, the other not so!

The issue with the problem number is now it is with Three, it can't receive calls from Virgin mobiles. It can receive calls from other networks, it can call any other network, it can send and receive texts.

Of course, when I phoned Three they said there was no problem their end, as did Virgin.

Anyone got any ideas about how to progress this?

Cheers,

Pete.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: More porting woes

Call virgin again on 0345 6000 789 choose the option for phone faults issues, you need the tech team, explaining the issue to the should enable them to contact EE and see what the issue is, virgin use EE and it's one of the problems with a virtual network that everything has that extra hoop to jump through and it increases the failure rate as a result of this
0 Kudos
Pete9901
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John,

I've called Virgin who swear blind it's not their problem, I've also called Three who were a bit more encouraging and said they will investigate - at the end of the day I'm paying Three for a service that can't receive call from Virgin mobiles, so the onus is on them to provide a solution. They gave me the usual "give it 48hrs and it should be sorted", so I'll see what happens.
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Looks like 3 will push virgin/EE and get it resolved, a good win if it works
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pete9901

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the issues with your number port.

Whenever you port your number it's the new provider that would assist with this matter as they are providing the service to you if that makes sense.

Wherever needed, the new provider will contact our porting team directly if any assistance is required from us to complete the port over to their network.

I'm hoping you've been able to get this sorted out now though, but do give us a shout if there's any further assistance we can offer.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos