Menu
Sall99
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

More credit check fun, and an extra £18 charge for the fun of it!

Hiya,

Been with Virgin mobile for many many years. My last two year contract has just expired and when I went for a mobile upgrade I was declined?

I have been entitled for free Virgin calls to other Virgin phones as my father is the account holder for Virgin Media and we both live in the same household. However after being declined today for a mobile upgrade I was sent an updated bill for an extra £18 (calls to Virgin network). I called back and was told as I am not the account holder (for the Virgin media home package) I am no longer entitled to free Virgin calls. However I've been getting free Virgin calls for years, this was one of the reasons I went with Virgin in the first place.

Can anyone shed some light on this please? This has not been a good experience and the people in the call centre sound like they're so stressed, they just want you off the phone asap. I was told 'Sorry I cannot help' repeatedly. Like hitting your head off a wall, declined, and pay us an extra £18 while you're at it!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: More credit check fun, and an extra £18 charge for the fun of it!

Quite a mess :-)

Your not along with being turned down for a new phone, don't get talked into the taking a sim-only option for 3 months, if your years of paying has not helped - why would taking a sim-only on help !!!

The free Virgin to Virgin calls are based on the address having home services, so getting billed £18 for them is totally wrong.

Can only suggest ringing 789 from your mobile and take the "thinking of leaving option" during office hours (option 1 > 0 > 4), this will hopefully get you to UK staff who should put things right for you.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos

All Replies
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Quite a mess :-)

Your not along with being turned down for a new phone, don't get talked into the taking a sim-only option for 3 months, if your years of paying has not helped - why would taking a sim-only on help !!!

The free Virgin to Virgin calls are based on the address having home services, so getting billed £18 for them is totally wrong.

Can only suggest ringing 789 from your mobile and take the "thinking of leaving option" during office hours (option 1 > 0 > 4), this will hopefully get you to UK staff who should put things right for you.
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Sall99
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Teabag this is exactly what I'll do. The staff sound like they're just not interested in delving deeper, and with some personal experience of working in a call centre for a short time I can sympathise with them to a degree..

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Keep us updated with how you get on :-)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sall99

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch about the free Virgin Mobile calls to other Virgin Mobile phones, and a warm welcome to the community.

The Virgin Mobile to Virgin Mobile calls are free for 59 mins but you would be charged after the 59th minute unless you hang up and re-dial, which matches the option on the landline for customers ringing Virgin Media to Virgin Mobile calls as part of their Talk Weekend, Talk More Weekends, Talk More Evenings & Weekends and Talk More Anytime plans.

If you have not yet got this sorted out with our teams then if you could let us know, as the calls should only have charged to you if you have gone over the 59 minutes.

Keep us posted, and if we can help with anything else, just let us know Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Sall99
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

The problem is your account folks in the call centre state I am not entitled to free virgin to virgin calls. As I said, I have been getting this service for years but all of a sudden they state this is not the case. Our household has Virgin media, (of which I mostly contribute to as I use the most internet usage), but it's in my fathers name. However, your accounts staff just keep stating "computer says no" kinda deal?

I'm at a real loss to sort this out!? What's my next steps. Oh....... not one individual call was over 59 mins, but a collection of 33 calls that they're charging me for.

Look forward to hearing from you soon. The bill is due to be paid on the 14th of this month but I've had to cancel my DD. I even asked your accounts folk to supply in writing their rationalisations for these new charges, they said they can't do this??

S

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sall99,

I'm sorry that you have had difficulties getting this issue sorted. 

Looking into this, you need to call Customer Services for further support on your contract and billing. You can ring Virgin Mobile via freephone from your Virgin Media landline on 150--take option 2. 

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos