Menu
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mobile sim only increase

Got a letter today about a increase on one of my 30 day sim only's, quite a steep increase going up by 20% (£5 sim + £1 on the 29th July), thought the increases were to be kept at the rate of RPI ?.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mobile sim only increase

All sorted now.

The only part on the letter which was right, was the £1 increase.  The rest of the letter went on about the minutes/text's and data I will get, this all had nowt to do with me.

The increase is down to my online purchase of a existing customer sim plan a few months ago, sold to me for £5 online - but the real price should have been £6, the extra £1 is to rectify their mistake.

BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos

All Replies
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Having a closer look at the letter now I'm home, it seems that you are trying to end my contract and put me onto a new contract.

Shall have to ring to see what is going on, because the minutes, text and data they say I get now are all wrong.
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Online help pages if anyone else needs them

http://store.virginmedia.com/special-offers/mobile-price-rise-one/index.html?buspart=uk_dm_cable_pri...

http://store.virginmedia.com/special-offers/mobile-price-rise-one/faq.html
0 Kudos
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

teabag wrote:

Got a letter today about a increase on one of my 30 day sim only's, quite a steep increase going up by 20% (£5 sim + £1 on the 29th July), thought the increases were to be kept at the rate of RPI ?.

I'm on a SIM only contract as well, albeit with a different provider, and the increase on my tariff is equivalent to 0.90%.

From your own subsequent post, where you included this link: http://store.virginmedia.com/special-offers/mobile-price-rise-one/faq.html

Can I cancel my contract?

Yes, you can cancel or change your contract with us at any time. Call us on 789 from your Virgin Mobile.

If you are not happy then cancel your mobile contract and move your number and service to a provider you are happy with.

Be aware that if you have "bundled services" such as Internet, TV, Landline and Mobile, then the removal of one service will have a detrimental knock-on effect on the charges for all your other services.

That's how service providers try to lock customers into bundles, cancel one and you will end up paying more for less!

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sololobo, thanks for your info.

I'm just waiting at the moment too see if any letters come in about the other Virgin sims we have at home, I can then ring up and sort them out in one go, I think it will only be this one sim they can mess about with because we made a change with it a while ago.

We do use the in-house calls alot (Virgin to Virgin), so if I get rid of one - we would change them all, one of the sims was tied into the home services, but they moved that onto a 30 day contract when the 12 months contract run it's course.

As long as they don't drop the 1gig data allowance on this sim, the letter is saying it only has a 500meg allowance, mistake or not ??.  If it is to stay at 1gig, it will still be worth while us staying with them.

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

All sorted now.

The only part on the letter which was right, was the £1 increase.  The rest of the letter went on about the minutes/text's and data I will get, this all had nowt to do with me.

The increase is down to my online purchase of a existing customer sim plan a few months ago, sold to me for £5 online - but the real price should have been £6, the extra £1 is to rectify their mistake.

0 Kudos