Menu
smeilly
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Mobile phone repair warranty void

Angry is an understatement at this moment in time 😣

So my Sony xperia has decided to strart turning itself off, so I sent it off for repair. One week later I'm still waiting for my phone so I rang them. Apparently, my phone hasn't been repaired as the imei sticker is missing. I certainly haven't removed it so either it was never there or the repair centre have removed it. The girl on the phone said normally it is located on the back of thgthge phones battery .... Which I can't get to as you can't open the phone. However, online some websites are saying it is located on the sim or SD card tray .... Which seems a ridiculous place to put something so important !!!! Virgin recon in order to have faulty phone repaired I have to pay 120 pound !!!!! I don't bloody think so. It seems to a common occurance of these phones dying and missing imei numbers. So may be virgin need to take responsibility for supplying dodgy pohones to their customers. Any ideas on what my next steps are ? Thank you 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile phone repair warranty void

Hi smeilly,

I'm sorry that you've had a problem with your Sony Xperia that requires a repair and for the difficulties you have experienced trying to get this fixed. 

In order to look into this further, I'll need to verify your details. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Minimouse2017
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile phone repair warranty void

Hi smeilly

This has happened to myself also mine was to do with the microphone they told me they cannot repair it as the sticker is missing out the memory slot.like many I've read now are virgin repair team accusing us all of removing these stickers ??

I'm now being threatened with court due to none payment of contract as I refuse to pay for a phone that I was told by virgin when I first phoned them about the fault ,that it is a common problem with Sony Xperia phones .

Surely virgin must now see that this is a big problem and either fix people's phones for free or cancel their contract .

More people need to complain and  refuse to pay for a faulty make of a phone .

I'm fuming with virgin I've been a customer of theirs for over 10years and this is how they treat loyal customers 

0 Kudos