Menu
AngieT
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Mobile not working - in for Repair

My mobile stopped working last Tues morning. I'd just fully charged it, answered a couple of texts then i started receiving notifications to say different Apps had stopped working. I put the phone down for a couple of minutes. When i went back to it it was dead, no lights coming on, nothing.

Rang VM who said it was still under warranty and he'll send me packaging to send it in for repair. Sent in last Thursday and received notification that it had been received on Friday.

Came home from work on Monday and there was a message on my home phone from a technician saying that my phone is not covered by the warranty as there is a small crack at the top of the screen and i need to pay £204 for the phone to be repaired. The crack as been there almost as long as i've had the phone, 8/9 months ago and this is the first time i've had a problem. I also explained about the crack to the first guy i spoke to a week ago.

I've been trying to get back in touch with a technician to sort this out but no ones getting in touch with me. I can not afford to pay out that much money. I haven't dropped the phone and theres no water damage for the phone to just suddenly died so it should still be covered under warranty.

I've been without a phone for over a week now and have resorted to using my friends old one which is very old. I need this sorting.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile not working - in for Repair

Hi AngieT

Sorry to hear about the unexpected outcome of your repair booking.

Unfortunately if a handset is damaged (even if this doesn't directly relate to the issue you're having) this would invalidate the manufacturer's warranty, making any repair chargeable.

If you don't want to go ahead with the repair, you would have the option of having the phone sent back to you unrepaired.

Should you disagree with the outcome of this, you can contact the manufacturer directly who will offer a second opinion.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos