Menu
seanmundy1972
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Mobile contract cancellation

Hi, I have a mobile contract due to expire in May. I have logged on to my online account to see what happens regarding the expiration, because I know that with some mobile network providers, usually 30 days notice is required in order to cancel the contract, otherwise it automatically renews on a monthly basis, and they call you and nag you to renew with "exciting" new terms. All I want to know is, in the case of Virgin Mobile, do I need to give notice of cancellation? Or does the contract just end and that's it? Silly question I know, but sometimes these things just aren't simple, and I have about six weeks to go...

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mobile contract cancellation

Hi seanmundy1972,

it's not a silly question at all. Once your minimum term comes to an end, as you suspect, your contract will continue on a 30 day rolling basis.

Should you wish to cancel, your earliest opportunity will be within your final month or going forward with 30 days notice.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mobile contract cancellation

Hi seanmundy1972,

it's not a silly question at all. Once your minimum term comes to an end, as you suspect, your contract will continue on a 30 day rolling basis.

Should you wish to cancel, your earliest opportunity will be within your final month or going forward with 30 days notice.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.