Menu
missust4
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Mobile account app

All of a sudden I can no longer access manage my account app on my phone, I keep getting whoops connection error with our servers. I uninstalled the app 3 times, I've rebooted the phone, I've switched the phone off, all to no avail. It still works on my husband's phone which is the same make Galaxy S5. Could anybody help? Thanks. Oh and last month nearly all my data was used up, now I rarely use the internet outside and I've been laid up for last 5 wk and haven't used the flaming thing. This has never happened in the 2 years of having the phone!! Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile account app

Hi missust4

Apologies for your difficulties with the My Account app, is your mobile data currently active? After the re-installation of the app, mobile data will need to be active in order to set it back up.

Hope this helps but any issues let me know. 

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
missust4
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks that sorted it but  the problem I have now is that when my mobile data is switched on, my data usage is disappearing!! I've had this phone/contract for 2 years and never had a data problem until now. Could there be something draining it? I don't have auto update on apps, I do that manually in the house. I'm at a bit of a loss as to why the data is being used. Many thanks.

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi missust4

You should be able to switch off mobile Web data after you've registered the app under 3 or 4G then after that the app should work with WiFi.
If you're waiting on a 4G refresh tariff you may need to wait till the refresh has taken place for the app to start working correctly.
0 Kudos