Menu
paperclip
Rising star
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Mobile Web Data Usage

I've had my mobile web data switched off for the last few days yet in-between my refresh date I noticed that my data shows 249mb, so it's used 1mb even though it was turned off.

Why would this be? As I was always under the impression that it would only ever use wifi if mobile web data was switched off.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile Web Data Usage

Just looked at it more closely and it has only used 11kb, with 249.99 remaining, so even though I have had mobile web data switched off it has still used that very small amount.

At various hours of the day for the 19th November it has used 11kb for using the internet, however like I've said I have had mobile web turned off all day, so why is there a usage when the WiFi has been used.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paperclip,

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're having some issue with the mobile data on the phone. We want to get this all sorted for you. Are you able to PM me your full mobile number, name and 3 characters of your password so I can run some checks for you?

Looking forward to hearing from you Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I think it might have been to do with GPS, I won't worry about it just now.
0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Mat_H wrote:

Hi Paperclip,

I'm really sorry that you're having some issue with the mobile data on the phone. We want to get this all sorted for you. Are you able to PM me your full mobile number, name and 3 characters of your password so I can run some checks for you?

Looking forward to hearing from you Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mat

Hello Mat,

Just a general Virgin Mobile question Mat, if a Virgin Mobile smartphone has mobile web data manually switched off for whatever reason but also has device only GPS enabled in location settings, will it override the mobile web data (off) setting in order that the phone can use GPS and use small bits of data so it can actually use GPS only?

I've got mine currently set to battery saving which uses Wi-Fi and mobile networks for location, but thought to ask as I do see others that had been asking a similar question as my OP.

Regards

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paperclip,

Depending on the phone, the handset shouldn't use data for any GPS. This would usually use GPS satellites to triangulate your location.

What handset are you using currently?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Mobile web data appears to be fine at present.
0 Kudos