Menu
Pauline2812
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Mobile / Upgrade

Hi I've had a virgin mobile contract for 24 months my account via my app tells me I can now get an upgrade .
I'm on a starter 24 mt contract cost £16. And the odd pence and this is paid via direct debit.
Online and on the phone have tried to upgrade and apparently I can have one because of my credit rating ?? Even though your quite happy to continue taking my airtime fee via dd , the upgrade I wanted was only slightly more than what I paying you now to 19.00 , so what the hell ? From a very fed up virgin customer .

Helpful Answers
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mobile / Upgrade

There are countless hundreds of us in the same boat.

I have a perfect credit score with Experian, (copy here in front of me) yet VM says NO...

OK, I went down the road to a competitor, and 20 mins later...walked out with a new phone...THEIR credit check? 'Yes, certainly sir, no problem, perfect score, only too pleased to help' 

Why should we have to spend time, money and effort trying to persuade VM we are credit worthy, when we have the proof in front of us??

Take the business somewhere else, more helpful...so far 2 x mobiles moved from VM, and in the process of organising TV/Broadband/phone as well...

If VM don't think I'm creditworthy unless I grovel & jump through hoops to prove it, then someone else will benefit from the £130+ per month I was paying them

PS I have been with VM (and previous incarnations for 20 years!!NEVER missed a payment of had payment troubles!!) 

All Replies
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There are countless hundreds of us in the same boat.

I have a perfect credit score with Experian, (copy here in front of me) yet VM says NO...

OK, I went down the road to a competitor, and 20 mins later...walked out with a new phone...THEIR credit check? 'Yes, certainly sir, no problem, perfect score, only too pleased to help' 

Why should we have to spend time, money and effort trying to persuade VM we are credit worthy, when we have the proof in front of us??

Take the business somewhere else, more helpful...so far 2 x mobiles moved from VM, and in the process of organising TV/Broadband/phone as well...

If VM don't think I'm creditworthy unless I grovel & jump through hoops to prove it, then someone else will benefit from the £130+ per month I was paying them

PS I have been with VM (and previous incarnations for 20 years!!NEVER missed a payment of had payment troubles!!) 

spell
Well-informed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This has been going on long enough now to indicate that there is no way it can be down to incompetence - higher management would not stand for it.

For whatever reason VM are using this as a method of shedding customers. It seems a strange thing to do but it is certainly what they are actually doing - the business reasons would be interesting but something is going on in the world of Virgin Mobile.

Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pauline2812

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Sorry to hear your having issues with our credit check.

I am currently getting this investigated. If you'd like I could add your details to this to see what can be done.

I will send you a private message shortly (red envelope, top left hand side) to get this moving.

Speak soon

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
McGarvey
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am on the verge of leaving Virgin after countless years. I feel like I have been lied too and Virgin have gone back on things that were in writing. I have  4 mobile contracts (for myself, wife and 2 kids). All in my name with 2 ending at end of July. I have been told by Virgin in my account, by text and in a call from a foreign call centre that I am out of contract NOW and I could upgrade. The foreign person wasn't able to match what I can get elsewhere and tells me to call 789. 

I call retentions to be told that I am not actually out of contract and it is one big error that they have it plastered over my online account and been phoning me and my wife daily. I can if I wish buy out my remaining contract or go onto a 12 month sim only deal or wait till start of July and go onto the 30 day sim. 

It is nothing short of some of the worst customer service I have ever received and the persons attitude was questionable.

I have 4 phone contracts, broadband , tv and home phone, get it sorted or SKY here I come