Menu
dinomartin294
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Mobile Plan

On the 8th of June 2015 I took out a mobile phone (Microsoft Lumia 640) and contract with Virgin however, in 2016, the Lumia phone broke down and would not switch on at all even trying the hard reset and connecting to my Windows 10 PC. We sent the Lumia off for repair and in the meantime I used an old iPhone 4s I found lying around in my house, the Lumia returned, still not working. I continued to use the iPhone 4s until I knew it was becoming to slow and unreliable so I started to use an iPhone 6 that my sister had. This is the phone I am currently using. On the online section, above my device, it said 'Your device is 4G ready! Upgrade to a 4G contract now!' I clicked the upgrade to 4G contract button and I am told to pick a 3G contract instead. I don't know why this has happened, I was considering upgrading to a 4G contract in the future and was looking at prices. I do not currently wish to upgrade my contract.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile Plan

Hi dinomartin294,

I'm sorry to hear that your Lumia phone has not been repaired. Have you been back in contact with us about this so that we can get this sorted out for you? 

If you want to upgrade to a 4G phone, give us a call on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile), 150 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media landline) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone) so that we can go over the prices for you. Your online account may be connected to a mobile handset that is only 3G compatible, therefore, you won't be able to upgrade to a 4G contract via your online account. Give us a call and we can look into this for you.

Please let us know how this goes or if there's anything else we can help with.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos