Menu
matt21
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Mobile Data

Has anyone else had problems with mobile data? Since November My balances refresh (7th of every month) and after 4 days i get 3 messages saying my mobile data has reached its limit. I get 1GB of data with my contract so i do not understand what is happening. I have had the contract for 18months (my contract runs for 24 months) never have i gone over my data so why now? Nothing is running my mobile data is switched off when i leave the house so im always on wifi. Virgin are taking £2 a day for data that im not even using. I have tried so many times to speak to someone but they are always busy. My bills are stupid amounts every month aswel. HELP   

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile Data

Hi matt21

You said: "Nothing is running my mobile data is switched off when i leave the house so im always on wifi."
Just want to double check, that if you have mobile data still switched off when your on WiFi at home as well?.

I'm sure it will help others chime in with some help for you - if you say what phone your using :-)
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
matt21
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there. Yes, mobile data is switched off at all times unless I need it on. I finally spoke to someone about this. When I was on the phone to them they told me I was using mobile data..... My mobile data was not switched on. They went through the entire month with me and said I was using data in my working hours but I told them it was impossible because my phone is always switched off in the staff room. They are going to investigate all this and get back to me within 3-5 working days. I also told them to disconnect my mobile data all together because since my balance has been refreshed my bill is now £172.45 (all on data) when it should be £27.50?? Surely it's on right??
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Something don't sound right, with that when you have data turned off and phone turned off and data is still being used !!

Also I don't get, you say refresh date - so gather you must be on a monthly plan SIM, monthly plan data charges after your allowance are £2@day for unlimited data, so only 30 days a month at £2 = £60 data charges at the most?.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
matt21
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, £72. Not £172. Yes getting charged £2 a day. The woman that I spoke to thinks it the phone but I find it strange that a phone can use the Internet?? Lol
0 Kudos