Menu
ashbash231
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Mobile Contract Questions

Hello Forums, I am in need of some assistance and advice.

My contract for Virgin Mobile ended back in November 2015 and I am still paying the contract monthly but I am no longer bound by the contract term and such I know that much as it says "You are now out of contract" but there is a couple of questions I need help with answering and clarified before I renew my contract with a new device and tariff.

1. I have the green "You're due an upgrade" banner on the Virgin Mobile site, and when I click to select an upgrade on the green banner, choose it, choose my tariff in the Freestyle tariff and select okay etc. It's asking me to write in all my details as if I am a new customer, how do I go about this, do I need to ring or something as an existing customer to get my offers? As clicking the green banner for an upgrade, makes me seem as a new customer.

2. When upgrading with the same number but to a new device due to it having a different sim type to what I am currently using, how long does this typically take to happen? As I get important text messages and such through online services that require my number like whatsapp for example, how will upgrading affect that service will my messaging services be inaccessible until the number is transferred or is the transfer instant as it is an already existing Virgin Mobile sim number transferring to a new Virgin Mobile Sim?

3. Also about this freestyle tariff, when I renew my contract will I be renewed onto this freestyle tariff or my original default tariff before? As I may need some time to switch tariffs as my financial situation can change at any given moment and may require downgrades or upgrades if I am unsure I am getting my moneys worth etc. Do I request my original tariff be transferred to a freestyle tariff or will it be done automatically or will I be stuck with my original Tariff I have had for 4 years?

Thanks for the assistance and answers!

Kind Regards

Ash

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mobile Contract Questions

Hi Ashbash231,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'll be more than happy to help with this.

If you're unable to upgrade online, please give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 and we'll get this amended for you.

While upgrading and waiting for your new phone, we can send you a sim card that can be activated by you after you've received it.

Any new tariff will be a freestyle tariff with us. When upgrading, you can ask about the available tariffs and what works best for you.

Let me know how you get on. I'm here if you need anything.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Ashbash231,

I'll be more than happy to help with this.

If you're unable to upgrade online, please give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 and we'll get this amended for you.

While upgrading and waiting for your new phone, we can send you a sim card that can be activated by you after you've received it.

Any new tariff will be a freestyle tariff with us. When upgrading, you can ask about the available tariffs and what works best for you.

Let me know how you get on. I'm here if you need anything.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Have you made any progress with this Ashbash231?

Let me know if you need anything at all from me Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
ashbash231
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey Matt!

Yes, I finally managed to get everything sorted, I called up Virgin on the number given on their mobile site and got everything sorted, got a new tariff and a new phone on it's way, thanks for your answers!

Regards,

Ash

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear this is all sorted for you Ash Smiley Happy

Please let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Xenomorph1
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am with virgin for broadband big kahuna bundle but I want virgin mobile how do I go on about getting this

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Xenomorph1 wrote:

I am with virgin for broadband big kahuna bundle but I want virgin mobile how do I go on about getting this

Hi Xenomorph1,

I replied to your other post but you can use the link here : http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/pay-monthly-phones.html

Or call and speak to the mobile team : 0345 6000 789

AlexKid :-)

0 Kudos
Liss
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I ordered a contract phone got the emails but website down, tried look for progress of order but heard nothing for two days. Can u help?
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Liss,

I'm really sorry that you're having trouble with obtaining info on your contract. I want to get this all sorted for you.

I've sent you a PM detailing the next steps. You can view this by clicking the purple envelope in the top right.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos