Menu
GranandGrumps
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Mobile Contract Complaint !!!

Letter sent to Virgin to which they sent a reply letter saying they would look into it and solve the problem ... we have heard nothing ...

I would like to complain about the lengthy, frustrating waste of my life that was a telephone conversation with your customer service.

Last year we attempted to change one of the phone numbers on my account over to my son … (he is an adult and lives in his own home where he has his own Virgin Media account). We were told this was a simple maneuver but we did not have all his virgin media details so left it and eventually rang again yesterday.

I spoke to Kyle who told me I needed the Contract Department … he put me through to Jason. I was told it could be done but I asked if he would get his upgrade and he said no. So I said would it be worth doing the upgrade first and then changing over once it was done. This seemed to be the way to go. They spoke to my son to check this was in order and confirm with him. Why if the system would not allow it to be changed to him?

So we spent ages on the phone … I think I was passed to yet another Customer Service person. They were very good on the sales information. However, when I questioned them again about changing over the number to my son … they said this was impossible.

Now … after all that waste of my evening … they tell me he cannot keep his number and have his own account but advise me to get him to set up a direct debit to me. This is not the same as your own account you can check on line or change yourself. He is 33! So they told me I could give him my security details so he could access my account. I am sure that is not advice to give anyone.

So I told them not to send the upgrade we would have to cancel the phone they wanted to send and he would have to set up his own contract – with a new number – and once that was done I would cancel the original contract.

If we had never been told … last year …. And during yesterday’s conversation … that we could make that phone in his name on his account then I would not have wasted my life on a lengthy phone call.

We could have just ended his contract and he could have taken out a new one … as we are doing now.

It is however, sad that he has the hassle of changing his telephone number.

Our conversation ended at 8.07 pm 13th October 2017.

I would just like to complain that both my time and the time of various customer services team were completely wasted due to total miss communication. Also the advice given re my son setting up a direct debit to me and giving him my log in details was not good advice.

NEW UPDATE

My son has his new phone up and running.

We were told when we tried to change it over if I paid £10 the contract would be over but as we ended up not being able to change it over I waited till his new phone arrived.

When I rang yesterday I was told it was now only £5 but ... now ... I cannot end the contract till 15th November when the contract comes to and end. 

So I rang today to check which customer service person was correct.

However ... this time... I was told I could not end the contract till 22nd of November.

I understand the phone part of it ... that is not a problem but we are paying for minutes, internet and texts that he will not be using. He has a new contract from his own home ... which was his only option.

We were told originally if we paid £10 there and then the contract would be paid up.

Now we are told we have to wait till the 22nd November to end the contract.

I thought Virgin were supposed to be flexible with their contracts ... Pfffft!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile Contract Complaint !!!

Hi GranandGrumps

Thank you for your post.

I'm truly sorry to hear of the issues you've had with your service.

When moving the number over to another account. We would need to close the contract down and change this to a Pay as you go sim-card. 

We would then need to transfer this to his own account and run a credit check on your son and start a new contract if he passed this.

If you where in contract on the sim-card / phone loan then this would of had to have been paid in full to move this over to himself.

I'm truly sorry that it did come to him having to start a whole new number now. If he did wish to take this number back he would need to port out the phone to another company on a sim-card and then port the number back to us on his new number in his own name.

I appreciate sometime has passed and this may now be resolved already, but I hope the above helps too.

Thanks,

Daniel_G - Forum Team

Need help swapping your SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM here. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
GranandGrumps
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile Contract Complaint !!!

He now has his new number and has told everyone.

* The way the original change over was dealt with ... many customer service members telling me different things was abominable.

* The advice given was still completely wrong to tell someone to give someone else their log in details.

* Many customer service members again telling me different things about closing the old account ... a major disgrace!

So still not over yet as I am not being allowed to close the old account till ... maybe the 15th, maybe the 22nd ... who knows ... grrr

0 Kudos