Menu
lemonadeluigi2
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Massive mobile bill

I am confused and unhappy regarding a bill that my 15 year old has run up on his mobile phone. The amount is a shocking £270 apparently he did not put the phone down (nor the recipient) and fell asleep resulting in a £260 charge!!. The account has a £150 credit limit and is now suspended but I am concerned as to why the phone call was not terminated after the credit limit was reached? I have phoned virgin but did not feel that this was explained to me in a clear way, I was expecting a call back in 1 hour but this has not happened. I did not recieve any notification even though I am the account holder.  Any ideas apart from parenting as I am fully aware of the shortcomings - Thanks 

0 Kudos
MJC_OK
Dialled in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Massive mobile bill

I suspect that the charge wouldn’t be applied to the account until the call is completed? Otherwise how do they know how much to add on?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Massive mobile bill

Hi lemonadeluigi2

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community forum.

I'm sorry for the delayed response and hope things are now resolved. 

Although you have a credit limit this isn't to be used as a budgeting tool - The phone call would continue until one of them put the phone down and that is when the billing would stop for that call for anything that had gone over. We're unable to just end a call once the credit limit has been reached during a call I'm afraid.

I appreciate this isn't the answer you're looking for, however we'd not be able to remove the fee I'm afraid.

Thanks,

Daniel_G - Forum Team

Need help swapping your SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM here. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos