Menu
Targetshooter
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Lumia 620 can't sync email or use internet

Up until Saturday 13thFeb 2016 my Lumia620 has been working fine. No problem syncing emails at ntlworld.com or gmail or outlook. I've spent the last 4 days trying to fix this by searching for and then applying fixes. Nothing works so I now have just a stupid phone for texts and calls.

The error codes seem to offer no real hope. On my ntl account it reports "were having trouble downloading messages. error code 80072F30.

On my outlook account it reports error 80072EFD and my Microsoft account reports error 800704CF.

In settings > wifi it shows me connected securely to virginmedia. But IE will not display pages and Spotify tells me I am offline. The settings > Phone Update shows "There was a temporary issue with the server or your internet connection during the update" error 80072ee7

I have tried soft resets and now 3 full hard resets, the final one not using the backup to recover. I've stopped auto Date/Time and entered manually. I've cleared IE browsing history. Backup and Find my phone options are all enabled and  I've signed in to my Microsoft account and profile looks fine. I've tried switching off wifi, soft reset then switch on, all to no avail.

So I'm desperate for advice on what to try next

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lumia 620 can't sync email or use internet

Hi Targetshooter,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're having issues with connecting to the internet on your phone. I want to get this sorted for you. Are you able to let me know if you have the same issue on Mobile Data? I want to try and pinpoint the issue.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Targetshooter
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I have now managed to sort this out myself. I had to restart the router add my email accounts and all was well, except I wasted lots of time and effort!

I guess I should have tried the router reset first but did not because the online test via my VM account showed no trouble and my 2 PCs and my Nexus7 tablet were all working ok.

In future I will not rely on the online router test. I was also helped my my son who had an HTC phone which usefully reported "unstable wifi connection" at my house.

You live and learn.

Gordon

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear you got this all sorted Gordon Smiley Happy

Please let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos