Menu
bejb
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Lowest tarrif increase from 250Mb to 500Mb

I have had a Virgin £5 SIM only contract now for about six months (250 Mb, 250 mins, unlimited texts). In fact, I have just had the RPI increase of 10p.

Virgin have now increased the data allowance for £5 sims to 500Mb. The data allowance is the only thing I get anywhere near exceeding, so it would be good to have that.

How do I increase my allowance from 250Mb to 500Mb. I don't have to go through the whole replacement sim etc do I? I know that would make it 10p/month cheaper, but it would be a hassle fro both me and them.

Can I just ask and they do it? Or do I need to go through the hassle of changing my SIM?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Lowest tarrif increase from 250Mb to 500Mb

I'd suggest ringing 789 or 0345 600 0789 from any phone and asking them to update your account so that it has the new correct allowance. Such a change would then likely come into effect at the next refresh. There should be no need for a new SIM or any of that jazz. Just an account tweak on their end.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'd suggest ringing 789 or 0345 600 0789 from any phone and asking them to update your account so that it has the new correct allowance. Such a change would then likely come into effect at the next refresh. There should be no need for a new SIM or any of that jazz. Just an account tweak on their end.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
bejb
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the rapid answer.

I've done that and they seem to suggest it will all go through OK. I find it a bit odd they don't do it automatically (who would not want double the data allowance?) or make it something you can manage online, but if occasionally checking online and then a phone call is all it takes I can do that.

I find it difficult to believe it will be quite that easy - just waiting until my next refresh date now to get the extra data! :-)

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

bejb wrote:

Thanks for the rapid answer.
No problem Cat Happy

I've done that and they seem to suggest it will all go through OK. I find it a bit odd they don't do it automatically (who would not want double the data allowance?)
If only all changes were as simple as this. Some changes are undesirable ones, even changing fine print contractual terms. In general I think it is good that customers can have the choice in accepting or not, but they should receive notification of the changes so that they can consider making the change or not

or make it something you can manage online
The online system is basic at best, so same package-to-same package wouldn't be an option (how the system would see it.) Requiring manual intervention to adjust the account.

- - - - - -
0 Kudos