Menu
Shardlake
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Login system feedback

I just want to post some feedback about the login system. It seems to require you to log in manually. This restricts the number of characters you can have to about 10 and means it takes ages to log in.

I use Keepass for logins and regularly create passwords that are 40chars long, have A-Z, a-z, 0-9 and special characters. This makes any brute force attack for all intents and purposes impossible and I can log in almost instantly.

But on Virgin Media I now have to sit there typing all the chars in and it just makes it slow and has poor security.

The forums on the other hand let me use Keepass no problem so I don't know why there are restrictions on the mobile account.

Please change this.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Login system feedback

Hi Shardlake,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you've had some frustrations concerning your mobile account.

I'll be sure to pass on your feedback concerning this.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Shardlake
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for doing that.

I had further problems this morning. The forum wants you to login using your username and not email address. The username is public so why do this!
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shardlake,

Thanks for coming back to me Smiley Happy I can understand where you're coming from, but I'm afraid that this is the log in procedure for the forums.

Sorry I couldn't offer any alternatives to this. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos