Menu
Cgillies91
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

LG G5 screen burn?

I have noticed on my mobile that I can see images from previous apps on the screen. Its worse when I have my keyboard up and then watch like a movie, I can see the keyboard in the background and the home keys. This isn't normal so I'm wondering if this is a tech issue and if it should be fixed through warranty. Can anyone help?. LG G5!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: LG G5 screen burn?

Hi Cgillies91,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with your LG G5's display.

Is this something that has recently started happening?

I would normally ask to try a factory reset but I can't see that helping with a physical display issue.

Might be best to contact the team on 789 and having the phone booked in for repair so that we can take a closer look.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Liam_T
Forum Team

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
leecope3
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I called and the guy on the phone couldn't understand what I was telling him he didn't understand what ghosting or burn in was and told me to go to the shop. Who have already told me before I need to call up to get it sorted. And this issue is annoying as he'll
0 Kudos
Magic_M
Up to speed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Never seen this before so have been having a look around and it looks like image persistence is a fairly common problem. There are some interesting reads on the xda and ee forums, for example.

Might be worth trying to phone in again as you might get a more knowledgeable operator.

In the meantime have a look at the following link as it might include a workaround for the time being.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g5/help/image-burn-t3431831

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi leecope3,

Thanks for getting in touch via the Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that your experiencing a problem with your phone and also with getting this booked in for a repair. Have you been able to get this sorted out?

Please let me know if I can provide any further help with this.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Sheikhmahfuz1
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have had the same issue and I rang up LG to see if I can get a replacemnt. I was told by a gentleman named John that screen burn is actually not repairable and that it was a defect part of the actual lg g5 screen and that they cant do anything about it other than advice me that I lower the brightness. Pretty bummed and will never buy an LG again.
0 Kudos