Menu
devilmaycare34
Dialled in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Kazam free screen replacement not honoured

My Nan bought a kazam tornado for my niece at £8.50 a month. 3 months in my niece dropped it at Tamworth castle and the screen cracked and now there's no image but you could hear the phone still working. Kazam's own website previously said one free screen replacement, at the time we rang virgin and tried to ring kazam. Here at virgin the site still shows the information even now. http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/pay-monthly-phones/kazam-tornado-348-black/kazam-to...
My Nan has phoned 3 times and been told we have to pay. She got further another time and they hung up on her. She went through a virgin mobile shop that didn't help much either although the rep tried really hard to rectify it.
We don't know what to do. Virgin are turning a blind eye even though they still have it in print and kazam have changed hands so theyve decided they don't want to honor the previous advertisement. Please help make sense of this. You can't advertise one free screen replacement then say -we have no idea what you're talking about. It's not our fault kazam got bought out.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Kazam free screen replacement not honoured

Likely the reason its still advertised on the VM website, is because its still advertised by Kazam.

Kazam.png

Which I assume means they still honor it.  To be blunt, this is provided by Kazam themselves and your complicating the issue by trying to go through VM. Screenshot the website, phone em up and tell them you want to claim under the advertised warranty.

0 Kudos
devilmaycare34
Dialled in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The free replacement has been removed by kazam. The one shown there is the cover you pay for. Kazam gave the answer "go through virgin" or pay us. So it's already complicated.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
devilmaycare34
Dialled in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. That will be very useful. 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Glad its useful to you  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
devilmaycare34
Dialled in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Got some progress. Although Kazam have stated if it's through another retailer I should go through them so I've sent them all the info and asked, if they can't help, can they give me advice of what their agreement with virgin entails. 

The reason I'm updating you is because I just had a nice chat with a virgin representative that I've attached below. It's a bit odd that she thinks I need screen replacement advice right after ordering a phone but I managed to get her answer on who is responsible. So I shall see how it goes. And don't worry, I threw all the terms and conditions at Kazam in my previous email.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
ajks55
Settling in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

How did it go? I just cracked my screen

0 Kudos
devilmaycare34
Dialled in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

We tried about 3 times and now the company has completely switch hands both kazam and virgin did a 180 and both offered to fix it. They sent a new phone because the screen is moulded to the frame. Hopefully you will have less issues than we had. I think it was just bad timing that kazam was going through transfer of owner ship. Virgin are the ones who saw to the replacement in the end.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Devilmaycare34,

Thank you for posting back and letting the Community know what's been going on Smiley Happy It's certainly a story of success and I was pleasantly surprised to read that we've been able to sort it Smiley Happy

If you need any additional help on any matter please let me know and one of the team will be right with you. 

Take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos