Menu
patmaslen
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Just cancelled my sim only contract within the 14 day cooling off period.

I rang yesterday to cancel a monthly £9 sim only yearly contract well in the 14 days cooling off period. I was told I would receive an email to confirm the cancellation. I have received no cancellation communication at all. Also I was not told what to do with the untouched sim?  I am now worried in case my 14 days run out and my contract has not been cancelled. Will I also get charged for the untouched sim.

0 Kudos
jcf224
Joining in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Just cancelled my sim only contract within the 14 day cooling off period.

I had a similar issue. I ordered a £9 SIM only on Monday but rang to cancel the next day. Lots of varying information but what seems to happen is they eventually change the account to Pay As You Go and you can either top it up and use it or do nothing with it and it will expire eventually. Pay as you go on Virgin is not good though. No real choice of bundles that include calls/texts/data it's either one or the other, and no 4g on PAYG. You should not be charged anything if you have cancelled within 14 days. To be on safe side just make sure you cancel the DD that's been set up with your bank. :-)
0 Kudos