Menu
Krrycllr67
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Issues with repair response

samsung 6 15 months into 24 month contract stopped charging. Took t into local vm shop , told software not usb issue. In warranty sent back. Received no response , rang to chase and told Oow as "abuse" to dock .......choice 174 quid charge to repair or continue to pay 192quid for a non working phone!!!! Ex tech in shop said charger  fitted port ,icon of charge appeared but not recharging due to software. 174 seems to be standard charge for everything and abuse of dock standard response. If is dock can a wireless charge at a 6th of the price work? If it doesn't then surely software? Customer service is cheapest and range of options for customer . 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issues with repair response

Hi Krrycllr67,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that your Samsung S6 repair under warranty has been refused due to out of warranty damage to the charging port.

Does your phone charge using a wireless charger compatible for your handset?

If you disagree with the conclusion of our repair centre, you do have the option of seeking a second opinion from the manufacturer directly.

You can find Samsung's contact details here: http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/. Samsung will have reference to our repair centre's notes.

Many thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Krrycllr67
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issues with repair response

Hi Terry 

Thanks for your response. I have yet to receive contact from the repair centre who received my phone 9 days ago. I rang to chase and spoke to customer services a week ago , who advised me of the findings but have not heard or had a response since. The customer service is sadly lacking. But I appreciate your time to reply.

Terri_P wrote:

Hi Krrycllr67,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that your Samsung S6 repair under warranty has been refused due to out of warranty damage to the charging port.

Does your phone charge using a wireless charger compatible for your handset?

If you disagree with the conclusion of our repair centre, you do have the option of seeking a second opinion from the manufacturer directly.

You can find Samsung's contact details here: http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/. Samsung will have reference to our repair centre's notes.

Many thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos