Menu
eventidemusic
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Is this the worst customer support ever...?

I ordered a £5 per month SIM-only package so that my mother could use a spare Galaxy S3 handset while in hospital. I dialled 150 from my own Virgin mobile, and spent 40 minutes talking to someone, explaining everything great detail, having held for 20 minutes before even speaking to someone. But at least it was all arranged - or so I thought.

A couple of days later, a Galaxy S3 mini handset on a £20 per month contract arrived. I immediately dialled 150 again, held for an age listening to ear-spliltting hold music, explained everything all over again at great length, who said that the SIM in the package could still be used, but that the handset would need to be collected. A jiffy bag would be sent and would arrive on Saturday 4th April. So I waited in for it. I received a text from Yodel saying it had been dispatched for delivery. But it didn't arrive. So I rang 150 for a THIRD time - the bag was cancelled as Virgin had screwed up again and sent an exchange bag rather than a returns bag. Surely a bag is a bag....? No-one let me know that it had been cancelled.

Anyhow, during the THIRD call to Virgin, I was told that it would be with me on Thursday 9th. Waited in again. No text, no bag.... no call..... NOTHING....AGAIN....!

I have typed this during my FOURTH call to 150 to try to sort this out, and as I write this, I've been on hold for 26:47 and counting.... it's absolutely appalling service.

Oh, and I've just heard that the phone my Mum's using is suddenly reporting "NO SIM"..... Just great. I wish Mr Branson could try and sort it out for me, and experience this abysmal customer support for himself....

All I wanted was a £5 SIM card.......

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is this the worst customer support ever...?

Well if you will go making unseasonable demands..

I mean dispatching a 5 quid Sim is a highly complex process...

END SARCASM

What you do next depends on how reasonable/unreasonable YOU want to be.

VM have sent you goods you did not ask for or require, they fall under the regs for unsolicited goods.

CAB- Unsolicted Goods

What would I do? Hang up.

You have advised them, you have made "reasonable effort" to return the goods. If they fail to pick them up, they are yours and legally you can be charged NOTHING.

Im a proponent of VM, but YOU should not have the stress of this as well as  an ill relative. You've done your bit (more than IMHO). VM are in the wrong. If they want to be so incompetent you wind up with a free phone, so be it.

eventidemusic
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

UPDATE: It's now 29-04-2015 - further calls and a further promise of the proper returns bag.

What have I received...? NOTHING AT ALL.
Has anyone followed up my case...? NO.
Will my £5-a-month contract for my sick Mum ever get set up...? UNLIKELY.
Will Virgin Mobile try and take £20 a month for the Galaxy S3 Mini handset I did not want, and that no-one will enable me to return...? PROBABLY....

I will update again soon......

Very disappointing.....

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Phone your bank, cancel DD

Get a sim from an alternate provider.

Pains me to say it as a proponent of VM, but the way they have treated you is shockingly incompetent.

I would repeat the above. You owe them nothing. The goods you have received are unsolicited and they cannot legally charge you for them.

SamKnows
Super solver
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I would not recommend cancelling a direct debit that's how you lead to a bad mark being putting on your credit rating.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Failed direct debit will affect your credit file.

Cancelled one cant.

If OP was in a contract, cancelled DD and then didn't pay by alternate means, yes that would be on file too.

No contract exists.

In actual fact, if the FIRST DD is allowed to go through, it weakens OP's position. By paying the first payment, there is a view in law there is implicit  acceptance of the contract  that in this case VM have proposed, and OP has rejected.

So best option , in THIS case , is for OP to ensure no payments are taken.

cazza26
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Just wait until you cancel the sim lol that be another whoo haaaa. Took me 5mths and am still getting billed, been told to disregard bill emails......watch this space.

last thing you need when you have someone in hospital.
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Eventidemusic,

I'm really sorry that you've had so much trouble with this.

I want to get this all sorted for you. So we can get on the case, I've sent you a PM detailing the next steps.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
eventidemusic
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

UPDATE: 07-05-2015

Still no-one from Virgin has contacted me about this.....

Kevin

Nath316
Dialled in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Take teh handset to someone like CEX and sell it to them.

As has been said VM are not exactly pristine here!!!
0 Kudos