Menu
Highlighted
heather59
Joining in
Message 151 of 165
Flag for a moderator

Re: Iphone x delivery delay !!

Ditto! And still waiting! Had email monday to say within 7 days but yesterday had another email to say within 10 days!!! Not happy!!!!
0 Kudos
TripleD
On our wavelength
Message 152 of 165
Flag for a moderator

It’s here and I have to say it’s brilliant!!
0 Kudos
dazw30
On our wavelength
Message 153 of 165
Flag for a moderator

Mine arrived 1520. Have to agree it’s fab. So much easier to type on bigger screen & Face ID is cool, has worked every time I tried it.
Munkit
Joining in
Message 154 of 165
Flag for a moderator

Glad to see some people are getting their phones finally - I ordered mine on the 18th of November, and I’ve not been able to access my online account ever since. I’ve signed my credit agreement and have received my confirmation in the post - but can’t see any status updates. The only way I can reset my password is by entering my username and virgin number - but I don’t have one yet!

Anywho - I’ve been following this thread since last week Thursday as I was supposed to get my phone on Saturday - I got the feeling something was up - and looks like my fears were justified. I called customer services this afternoon and asked if they had any idea (even though I knew they wouldn’t) of an estimated delivery date - to my shock and horror - the guy told me it could be up to a MONTH?!? Probably not before Christmas at least!?

Needless to say I’ve sent Dana Strong an email asking wth is going on. I await her reply!
0 Kudos
Munkit
Joining in
Message 155 of 165
Flag for a moderator

So I had an email from one of Dana's colleagues, Andrew Mather - being quite apologetic and just repeating everything I already knew. I asked him if he knew where my order was in the "system" -

Andrew: "it's with Yodel"

Me: "oh right - so you know when it's arriving then?"

Andrew: "no there's no tracking information, they're still awaiting stock".

Me: "sorry, what do you mean they're awaiting stock?"

Andrew: "Yodel fulfill our orders - the phones are sent directly to them from the manufacturer"

Me: "Ok, strange, but fair enough. So can I cancel my order then? (I knew what the answer was going to be)"

Andrew: "No I can't do that from here - you have to refuse the delivery........." etc etc etc.

So for those of you who wanted to know why there was no way of cancelling your order - here's your answer - basically it's out of Virgins' hands as soon as you place the order with them, they pass your order on to Yodel, who can't cancel your order either as they're not the ones who you have the contract with - which is pretty pants, but it is what it is.

Essentially they've got you by the short and curlies - because you can't do much about it, and the only way you can do something about it, is by refusing the delivery, which means you'll have your order anyway, so it's a case of tough **enter expletives here**.

I've given them til Tuesday - after which time I'll make the decision as to whether I'll cancel my order or not.

0 Kudos
DHeskey
Tuning in
Message 156 of 165
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys, glad to see people are finally getting their phones.

Mine turned up Tuesday and since then whenever I try to make calls, I am given the message, “the system is busy.”

Is anybody having a similar issue? I’ve just had my 5th call about this and been hung up on by the complaints team!
0 Kudos
rjohnks
Joining in
Message 157 of 165
Flag for a moderator

Still waiting for my iphone x delivery! They confirmed me the date as 02Dec. Whats happening?

0 Kudos
Mattreyd
Tuning in
Message 158 of 165
Flag for a moderator

The phone arrived. Good. But needs a different sim apparently so will need to wait a further week or so for it to arrive. Why it wasn’t shipped with the correct sim when they knew it would need a different one is beyond me. So if your phone does arrive expect more delays
0 Kudos
GM8
Joining in
Message 159 of 165
Flag for a moderator

I’ve just come off the phone to Virgin. I ordered my iPhone on 17th November, told it would be delivered by 2nd December and then like a lot of people was told it would be with me in the 7 days due to lack of stock. Hadn’t heard anymore so filled 2 complaints as the communication with Virgin is rubbish. Complains called me back and said they would pay for my bill of the phone that I have at the moment and that I would still receive my new iPhone by 9th December. Still no tracking number or information. After to speaking to them today was told it looks like next year will be the delivery of the iPhone but are trying to get them out for next week so again I filled another complaint. Was told I wouldn’t receive any info regarding my complaint until they know when the delivery will be taking place so I told them I want to hear from their manager within 24hrs. Let’s see if they call me by tomorrow morning because if not I will be cancelling Mobile, TV, broadband and line rental with them. They have always been so good with however many years I’ve been with them and no they are taking the Micky!
0 Kudos
TripleD
On our wavelength
Message 160 of 165
Flag for a moderator

I would query the time for the replacement SIM card, mine was arranged for next day delivery, when I rang to give the PAC code. As long as arrives tomorrow I can live with that.
0 Kudos