Menu
Blodwin
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Iphone 5S not fit for purpose.

Anyone know where I stand on obtaining a refund for this phone. Was brought in May & lasted till end of August when the screen started to play up and wouldn't stay on for long. Sent it back for repair & received it back a week later with no fault found but was now working. It lasted a couple of weeks and stared doing it again, phone was returned & was away for 3-4 weeks and a replacement was sent back because of the time it was taking but no description of what was wrong with the original. End of november the replacement started to refuse to turn on but I discovered it worked without sim card in so I ordered a new one (took a week) and that worked for less than 24hrs. It then took 3 weeks of numerous phone calls & waiting for post to finally get return packaging sent out & received that on christmas eve. Taking advise from virgin tech I booked it in at the genius bar on boxing day. They got it working in less than 30mins but couldn't exactly pinpoint the fault only it may of been a corrupt update. It lasted 6 days and has got itself stuck in the restore loop again. It has however started to work whilst i'm writing this but thats after 4hrs of using itunes restore function. Surley this isn't right ? Any help would be appreciated.

edit: spoke to soon, it lasted less than 5 mins that time.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Iphone 5S not fit for purpose.

Hi Blodwin

I'm sorry to hear about the ongoing issue with your iPhone 5s. It certainly sounds like you have a very unusual issue there. Do you find you're only experiencing the issue when the SIM card is inserted or does it happen when it is out of the phone as well?

Regards.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Blodwin
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

With or without the sim card the results are the same.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Blodwin,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I would like to investigate this further for you and will shortly send you a PM with further details.

You can access this by clicking the envelope toward the top right corner.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Liam_T
Forum Team

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos