Menu
Evie53
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

International call barring

Help I'm in Norway and have no service on my phone, I've switched off international call barring but still no luck
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: International call barring

But have you set up roaming?

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Evie53,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm very sorry to hear you're unable to connect to a mobile network in Norway. I understand this is frustrating if you need to contact back home.

You'll need to check whether roaming is enabled on your account. If you're on pay monthly this is automatically switched off to avoid any unwanted charges.

You can enable this via your online account. Please click here to log in and follow these steps:-
Online account > Plan and device > Manage services > Going abroad

You can also check costs of calls, texts and reception here.

Hope this helps. Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Evie53
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, the trouble was that I couldn't for some reason enter the plan and devices area that you mention on my ipad, but now I am home on my laptop I can enter this, next time I am away I will ensure that I have roaming on.  I must admit I found it very frustrating not having a contact number I could ring that had English speaking options on the other end, when I was with O2 there was always someone on the end of the phone to help.  But of course I have run up the bill on my husbands phone trying to find someone at Virgin who could help me.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Evie53,

Sorry to hear you weren't able to get this sorted while you were away.

As you mentioned hopefully the changes you've now been able to make will get roaming working for you in future.

If you need anything please don't hesitate to get back to us.

Take care

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos