Menu
Privas65
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

IPhone 7 NO delivery date

'Pre ordered' iPhone 7. I have received the 3 emails for the 'finance', sent this back ok.

Trouble is, I have had absolutely NO confirmation about the phone itself.

Initially ordered 7 days ago, finance agreement took 3 days, still waiting for some type of acknowledgment despite the phone now being released 3 days ago.

Had an online chat about his, couldn't help (sales advisor).

Phoned 0345 600 0789, rather vague lady saying should be about a week. Really rather unhappy with Virgin, however, I have had two 'auto' feedback to ask how have they done. Rubbish.Any more people this frustrated?

clairethomas178
Tuning in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: IPhone 7 NO delivery date

Hi,

I had the same experience and eventually got told 22nd September the October!! Gave up and cancelled the order. Still awaiting confirmation of this though....the emails about the finance and direct debits seemed timely enough I might add.

I won't be using virgin mobile following this experience. The customer service is where it all falls down.
Privas65
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi,
Thanks for sharing. That's a terrible story. I am somewhat annoyed with Virgin now. I only took this up as it looked cheaper here. I will willingly pay a little more money if I can get better service. Shame on you Virgin!
0 Kudos
xxdonkxx
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have had the exact same trouble as you, I ordered the 7 plus on the preorder release day. Got a confirmation on screen but no email confirmation. Next day I got the 3 verification emails which I done. Still nothing on the phone to say I even ordered one. Waited a week but nothing so contacted them, 1st time they was absolutly useless and said I hand't even ordered a phone. The second time again, they said I hadn't ordered anything but then found my order after I gave them my credit agreement number. I don't mind waiting, its just the not knowing if it has been ordered for me and if so a delivery date. Im tempted to cancel and try my luck elsewhere..

0 Kudos
Privas65
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi xxdonkxx, thanks for sharing.

This has really rattled me now, I have now posted about this 3 times on their Twitter feed, (no response at all), phoned customer services again, still no definite date, just sort of an idea. 

On the strength of the severely lacking customer  service, unless it turns up by some miracle tomorrow morning, I am going to cancel.

By the way, just in case anyone else needs to hear this, Virgin Mobile do not appear to Have 4G 😮.  (Except business customers apparently) . Maybe this is why it seems to be slightly cheaper with them, however, I am now looking at paying more just for better customer service (and 4G) 

Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Privas65 wrote:

Hi xxdonkxx, thanks for sharing.

This has really rattled me now, I have now posted about this 3 times on their Twitter feed, (no response at all), phoned customer services again, still no definite date, just sort of an idea. 

On the strength of the severely lacking customer  service, unless it turns up by some miracle tomorrow morning, I am going to cancel.

By the way, just in case anyone else needs to hear this, Virgin Mobile do not appear to Have 4G 😮.  (Except business customers apparently) . Maybe this is why it seems to be slightly cheaper with them, however, I am now looking at paying more just for better customer service (and 4G) 

Suck it up!

If you wan't to be at the cutting edge of technology then you will bleed.

And choosing VM to provide you with the appropriate exsanguination methods will be appropriate, they are well versed in bleeding their customers dry. Smiley Frustrated

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos
Privas65
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hmm, interesting reply.

Pleased to say that I am not now bleeding or 'sucking it up'. As I  have cancelled now. This isn't just about cutting edge technology, this is about a company letting people know where their order is. If I had been reliably informed about probable dates I really would have been ok waiting for a reasonable time. To hear misinformation or nothing was the frustration. 

Just to add to the mix, when I cancelled today, I was told my delivery date would have been the 29th, however, the website currently shows if I ordered right now the expected delivery date would be the 23rd of September. Misinformation again I'm guessing. Glad I'm out. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi All, 

Apologies that you haven't received confirmation on your order. If you are still waiting on your order and haven't been given a delivery date, please contact us on 0800 052 0238 so that we can look into this for you.

Apologies for the inconvenience this causes.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Tkc3333
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Worst company in communication 

0 Kudos
Tkc3333
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Ordered my iPhone on sept 9 and still waiting will never ever go for virgin again and will never recommend it to anybody is there anybody who can help 

virgin 

0 Kudos