Menu
alamin83
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

IPHONE 7 Delivery

I have been having trouble getting a clear answer from the Virgin Mobile Customer service staff.

I ordered an IPhone 7 on the 14/10/2016 - was advised it will be delivered to be on the 18/10/16.

This got then delayed to the 20/10/2016 - was sent out an email to say it is on it's way, used the tracking parcel facility with Yodel but then came up with an error message saying it cannot be found.

Spent a whole lunch hour on the phone to Yodel who then advised me to ring Virgin Mobile - Virgin advised the order is delayed as waiting for new stock from Apple and the email was a system generated email!

When I log into my virgin mobile account it is saying the phone has been successfully delivered!!

So now I can't monitor the progress of the delivery, I ordered the rose gold iphone as this was the one in stock - this clearly wasn't the case!

Then I asked the virgin media staff since I am waiting for the delivery, can I change the colour of the phone as didn't realise it was pink! (my fault entirely) But then they say for me to do that I have to wait for the new phone to be delivered then arrange for the return and then request one in a different colour!

Also I paid an amount as was getting upgraded early.

Can anyone help!? Any idea on delivery date?

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: IPHONE 7 Delivery

I'm suprised your delivery date is so soon lots of folks have been waiting much longer.
When you called virgin, did they confirm it's been despatched?

I'd be tempted to go through the pain and call back in, have the order number ready
0 Kudos
alamin83
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

surely they should let me change the colour of the phone if phone hasn't been sent out yet? the only reason I asked for the rose gold was that it was the only one "in stock"?

0 Kudos
chaarleey_xox
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

my dad ordered me the iphone 7 plus in rose gold too and we did that on 10-10-16 and the person on the phone advised that it would be here on the 19-10-16 but never showed and iv been waiting all day for it today aswell! its an absolute joke!
0 Kudos
Utterjokes
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm having a awful time with them too, been waiting since end of Sept, numerous calls etc and not even an email in return, I'm going to cancel now sick of it, hope you get yours sorted out

it was rose gold I ordered too for same reason!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi alamin83

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry you've had some issues with the delivery of your iPhone 7 handset. 

I know there has been high demand for the new device and some supply constraints meaning it's taking us longer for us to fulfill orders than we would have liked.

We are expecting new handsets to be delivered shortly though, so I'm confident you won't have too much longer to wait.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So EE show free stock, virgin still can't fulfill orders a month old, Virgin not prepared to order sufficient quantities in advance as Apple require up front payments, other manufacturers pay on sale.......

Virgin, full fill retail customers orders before free stock is available in their stores, so if any Apple Store has stock ,then the retailer did not order sufficient in advance and is now at the back of quite a large queue
0 Kudos