Menu
tonale63
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I want to use my pay as you go number on my new pay monthly phone

I have recently taken out a new pay monthly contract  phone and sim and i wanted to swap my pay as you go number that is still active to that phone .The pay as you go number is with Virgin and i have had it nearly 15 years on various handsets but according to two people i spoke to the process is so long winded that it didn't seem worth it ,surely  there must be an easier way ? 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: I want to use my pay as you go number on my new pay monthly phone

Hi tonale63,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Thanks for posting your query with us.

I'd like to get this sorted for you.

I'm not sure what long winded process you've been advised of but there really shouldn't be an issue.

Please give our mobile team a call on 789 or alternatively 0345 6000 789 where one of the mobile team will be able to help you out with this. 

Let us know how it goes.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
tonale63
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I did give the team a call and after speaking to two different departments both of whom thought it 'probably couldn't be done ' they did come up with a possible solution that involved a third department ,sales,and being sent another phone that i would then have to return as the sim is connected to the phone ,even though they are two separate contracts. To be fair the guy i spoke too did say that it used to be a lot easier and was very helpful but even he admitted that it was ' a bit if a faff' 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi tonale63,

Thanks for the reply.

That does sound like 'a bit of a faff'  to get this sorted for you.

I'm guessing you decided against it.

If you need anything else from me just let me know.

Cheers

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos