Menu
Clawjaw
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've never had a problem with Virgin.

Second post in over five years, so yeah, great service but why oh why am i posting now you might ask.

Well i'll tell you. My contract with EE Mobile ended today so yesterday i phoned Virgin Mobile and ordered a S7 on the £37 a month package. Got all my emails and did what they said. I then waited patiently for the next email.

"It's on the way...

Your shiny new package from Virgin Media is on its way to you! We'll deliver your order on 11/05/2016. You can keep an eye on your order through our delivery partner Yodel's site - just click here."

Whether it was with Boots, Argos or Tesco, i've had problem after problem after problem with Yodel.

So anyway, i wait in today and Yodel rang my buzzer to get into the block. I live in a low-rise block of flats you see. I beep them in, go into the kitchen, put the kettle on and wait. One minute passes and nothing. Three minutes pass and nothing so i open the front door and in the middle of the landing was a Yodel Calling Card. Now my landing is quite big because it has three flats on either side so you can imagine the length of the landing. My kitchen is about four metres from my front door so i know for a 100% fact that i didn't miss the knock and even if i did, why the hell leave the Calling Card in the middle of the landing?

So the Yodel driver buzzed my flat number, waited for me to beep him in, came up to my floor, didn't knock on and then left the Yodel Calling Card in the middle of the landing.

Anyway, i've rescheduled the delivery for tomorrow and that will be the last chance they get. Any upgrade in the future with Virgin Mobile will be a 100% NO if you're still using these idiots to deliver!

When i was arranging the contract over the phone, if the lady had mentioned that Yodel was delivering it i'd have immediately canceled the contract. Becuase of Yodel i joined Amazon Prime and now, and for the past few years i've only used Prime as a delivery option because of the amount of things that have either gone missing or gone to another address with them. I've never got the items back too. This is a true story. A few years ago i ordered the Ice-Age box set for my daughter and Yodel should've delivered it on Christmas Eve but it didn't come. Their site said it was posted through the door but it wasn't. On Boxing Day i phoned Amazon and got a replacement that was delivered by Royal Mail and lo and behold, impossible to post through a letterbox. Yodel are liers and thieves and i feel sorry for the outcome of my Galaxy S7.

No matter now big or small, whether it be money or customers, they will cost you Virgin.

Peace out.

jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: I've never had a problem with Virgin.

Does your internal door have a number?  Ive been buzzed in before, made my way to the landing but nobody is waiting at the door so I have to go back out and ring the buzzer again.  

0 Kudos
Clawjaw
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

All flats in the block have numbers on the front door.

0 Kudos
Clawjaw
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've just had my first bill this morning. I wouldn't mind but i don't even have the phone yet.

virginemailbill.jpg

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Clawjaw,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you had some issues with your delivery. Can you confirm that you've received it now?

The first bill is issued in advance to pay for the upcoming month.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

How are you getting on with this Clawjaw?

Please let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Clawjaw
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Mat.

I got my phone the next day, put the SIM in, phoned Virgin, gave them my PAC and waited. The following morning my number was transfered.

Now starts the problem. I'm disabled and my doctor, nurse, home help, friends and family are finding it hard to get me on my number, the same number i've had for over ten years i'll just add. I've had this number since T-Mobile so when they merged with EE i was able to keep it without any of this PAC stuff. I've never had a single problem with the EE network so when i decided to join Virgin it was a huge relief knowing that Virgin used the EE network.

When people phone me the number is busy most of the time even though i'm not using the phone. People are getting, "The mobile number you have called is currently unavailable. Please try again later." I phoned Virgin Mobile the same day and they sent me another SIM. I put the new SIM in and people are having the same problem. I phoned Virgin again and they said that EE are working on a fault and it'll be fixed soon. Is it fixed yet? Nope. I'm still getting the same error. The number is currently unavailable bla, bla. If i didn't rely on my number so much i wouldn't be bothered and i'd just get Virgin to send me a new SIM with a brand new number on. The fact that my medical team have used this number for years and i like my number, i will not change it. I will have to phone Virgin, get a new PAC from them and go back to EE. Unless i'm missing something?

Oh i also have a second mobile with credit and a working landline and when i try to phone my number i get the exact same message, "The mobile number you have called is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me Clawjaw Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're having issues with the number after the port of the number. it certainly seems like an EE porting issue.

So I can look into this further, I've sent you a PM.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos