Menu
Londoneye2
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

I need to unlock my Virgin mobile

So, I have a local Danish mobile contract and a UK Virgin mobile contract and I want to swap the SIMs between the two phones. The ex Virgin phone is locked to Virgin, so I need it unlocked.

Unfortunately, I can't get through to anyone at all to do this for me. Webchat has been clogged the last 2 days and when I call 789 and select any of the options it then tells me the number is not available. Is that because I am overseas or because there are not enough staff? If so, why is there no queuing system on either calls or webchat?

What am I supposed to do to get this resolved?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I need to unlock my Virgin mobile

Hi Londoneye2,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems unlocking your Virgin mobile and getting through to WebChat. Has this been sorted out for you since your post?

If you are still having a problem with this, please send a private message to me with your name and mobile number, so I can look into this for you.

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I need to unlock my Virgin mobile

Hi Londoneye2,

Thank you for verifying those details via PM. I've requested the unlock codes for your handset now. I've checked with our Mobile Tech team about this and in some cases it can take up to 30 days for the unlock codes to be generated (usually on older handsets). Your handset isn't old, so I would expect the codes to be sent to you within a few days.

The codes will be sent to your email address.

If you should have problems entering your unlock codes, please try the following (this is going to sound absurd, but we've had customers reporting previously that this method worked):

Enter the second number: ######## --you will get a message that this has failed (don't worry, this should happen).

Now enter the first number: ######## and your phone should now be unlocked.

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos