Menu
PEH
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

I am having problems with the MyAccount App on my iPhone and iPad - it asks me to turn off Wi-Fi the

I follow instructions but then get asked to authenticate - but get no further.  Sometimes an oops message that there are problems with my internet connection.

teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I am having problems with the MyAccount App on my iPhone and iPad - it asks me to turn off Wi-Fi the

Firstly do you have a sim card in the iPad?, app only works on the item with a Virgin sim inserted.

With the iPhone, is the mobile data working OK, are you able to browse the internet when WiFi is turned off.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I am having problems with the MyAccount App on my iPhone and iPad - it asks me to turn off Wi...

Hi PEH,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Thanks for posting your issues with your Myaccount app and my apologies for any inconvenience caused by this.

I can see teabag has been helping you out which is great and very much appreciated.

I'd like to help you get this sorted.

As teabag mentioned The app requires a Virgin Sim card to work so have afeeling that covers your iPad for you.

Regarding your iPhone the Myaccount app needs to be setup initially using your mobiles data connection. Once this is done when you log into the app again you will have an option which asks 'You can now access My Account over Wifi! Would you like us to set you up?' simply select yes please.

If you were connected to Wifi and hadn't performed the above then the app will fail to work just like you've experienced.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if this sorts it out for you.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos