Menu
Lumiya
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hyphenated Surname

Hi,

Just tried to update the card on my account but it won't accept the name on the card. My surname is hyphenated so I presume that's the issue yet the old card was in the same name.

It just keeps giving me a yellow box with "Please enter the name as shown on the card" in it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hyphenated Surname

Hi Lumiya,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Sorry to hear you're not able to update your card details via your online account because of the hyphenated name.

I'm not aware of this being an issue so it would be good to know more. I'm guessing your old card was taken at the point of sale and hasn't been updated since hence why you're now having trouble.

Have you retried again since posting?

Is it still a problem?

In the meantime, if you need to update the card details then you can call the team on 789 from a Virgin Mobile, 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone. Alternatively, you can speak to the web chat team.

Look forward to your response.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Lumiya
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rich,

The card on the system was put in online but for some reason it doesn't show a hyphen. Yes I have tried again this morning and get the same problem so definately a website issue.

I'll call and update using the numbers provided but in the mean time please pass it along to your website development team.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your feedback regarding this Lumiya Smiley Happy 

We will look into this on our side to avoid any similar issues in the future. Let us know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos