Menu
pr1v8cy1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How to cancel when they keep hanging up.....

Rang this morning to cancel, the man told me I couldn't cancel until I receive the phone. I told him that wasn't true. Extract from Virgin mobiles own T&Cs:

"You have the right to withdraw from the credit agreement, without giving any reason by notifying us within 14 days beginning with the day after the day on which the credit agreement is made."

I signed the agreement yesterday so today is the first day of the 14days per their own T&Cs.

Anyway, he wasn't interested in hearing the truth. He hung up.

Rang again to complain about this morning and again try to cancel.  She also hung up when I explained the above.

Can anybody tell me how I exercise my legal rights and cancel this shambles?!?!

P.S. I wont actually get the phone because they are delivering it to my home address whilst I am at work and Yodel will probably leave it in someones bin, for the bin men to take away!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to cancel when they keep hanging up.....

Hi pr1v8cy1, 

Sorry about the experience you have had with cancelling the order. I understand you wish to cancel the order which is absolutely fine and you are well within your rights to do so.

When the team place an order for a handset it can sometimes prevent the them from cancelling the account until the device has been delivered and closed on the system or returned back to Virgin undelivered. That's not to say we are refusing your right to cancel, only that other steps need to happen first before it can be processed.

If you do not wish to receive the handset then I would suggest contacting yodel and refusing delivery of the item. This will trigger the return of the device and also the contract. If you wish to accept delivery of the phone that will close the order, once done the team will be able to cancel the contract for you and arrange for a return bag to be sent out for you. 

Really sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you but if you get back in touch with the team once you have either accepted delivery or refused delivery they will be happy to help you further.

Thanks

Mike 

pr1v8cy1
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to cancel when they keep hanging up.....

Hi Mike

It would have been great if one of your "customer service " colleagues had provided me with that info regarding the delivery earlier this week. As it is, by the time I received your message this evening Yodel had already made the delivery.

Interestingly after your colleagues telling me that I would have to be in to sign for the delivery - which led to my initial panic about not getting the phone - I came home this evening to find that the box had literally been left on my doorstep! You're flipping lucky that it wasn't nicked! So much for not accepting the delivery, I wasn't actually given any choice.

So the upshot is, after a week of stress and spending literally hours on this, to ensure I had a phone to transfer my number to, I now have two!

I am not paying anything to return this package to you, when I was clear that I didn't want it before it was even dispatched and was then advised that I could refuse it.

With regards to cancelling the order, I understand what your saying, however, it doesn't match your T&Cs which is the legal basis of the contract. If you can't cancel until the equipment is delivered, then that should be in the agreement.

I'll be very pleased when this is all over!
0 Kudos