Menu
aburke
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

High roaming charges

Hi,

I have just come back from 4 days abroad and have just seen that I now have a bill of £100. Can you tell me why this is?

I spent perhaps 3 hours in Switzerland on 7th Aug, which I know isn't part of the Roam like Home plan, but while I was in Liechtenstein, which is, I was still charged for data. Yesterday I used data while back in Switzerland, and have been charged a ridiculous amount of money for using some data. 

I was also under the impression that the new rules meant that once your charges go over €50, your account gets put on hold so that you can't be charged any more. 

I'm really shocked by these charges and I'd like an explanation.

0 Kudos
aburke
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: High roaming charges

Is anybody going to respond to this message? I have been informed by Virgin that my account has been suspended until I make a payment. I will not do this until I have an explanation.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

it can take a week for a mod to respond on the forum

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi aburke,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you've been charged £100 for using mobile data abroad.

I'd like to know a little more about this issue. Could you please answer the following questions:-

Did you receive a text message to warn you of the limit?

If so, did you reply to it in order to continue using data?

What dates were in you Switzerland?

What dates were you in Lichtenstein?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
aburke
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Rich,

Yes, I received a text just before I got on the plane home on 10th August, saying I'd spent £34 ex vat, and I was nearly at the data limit so I stopped using my data. I didn't reply to continue using data (the text didn't give me that option anyway).

I was in Switzerland for a few hours on Monday 7th August (we just drove through), and then I was in Liechtenstein from 7th-10th August. I was back in Switzerland for maybe 10 hours on 10th August.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi aburke,

Thanks for providing me with the information.

I'm checking this as a general query with the billing team. As soon as I hear back from them I'll reply to the thread.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi aburke,

I appreciate it's been a while since we last spoke, but I just wanted to let you know that the team are still looking into this with EE.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
aburke
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the update.

0 Kudos