Menu
Edwin_Vance
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Have a mobile phone account with Virgin. Found not the same as a Virgin Media account. Need one?

My mobile phone online account has a Virgin Media logo at its head, so I thought this was a Virgin Media Account. Followed instructions on my mobile phone and loaded the Virgin Media App, thinking it would be useful. Can't log in with my mobile account name and password as they are not recognised - they are not for a "Virgin Media" account. Don't have an "area code" on my mobile account so cannot create a Virgin Media account.

a) do I need one?

b) if yes, how do I get one?

Am in a continuous loop, very frustrating

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Edwin_Vance
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Have a mobile phone account with Virgin. Found not the same as a Virgin Media account. Need one?

Thanks. Very helpul and prompt. Clearly should not have loaded this app - I only have a mobile phone account, nothing else. Was led by an incoming message on my mobile phone. Am currently disputing a bill with Virgin and assumed this was part of its response. Wrong! Will delete the new app.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Have a mobile phone account with Virgin. Found not the same as a Virgin Media account. Need one?

What app are you trying to use?

A 'Virgin Media' account is used by customers with fixed broadband, TV or home phone to access services that are included with those services.

Any app or service that customers with only a Virgin Media mobile can use will either be authorised automatically via your SIM, or via the 'Your Account' details you use to access your Mobile billing information.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Edwin_Vance
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks. Very helpul and prompt. Clearly should not have loaded this app - I only have a mobile phone account, nothing else. Was led by an incoming message on my mobile phone. Am currently disputing a bill with Virgin and assumed this was part of its response. Wrong! Will delete the new app.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Edwin_Vance

I'm glad the community has been able to help clear this up for you - thanks BenMcr for your help with this.

Sorry to hear about the issues with your bill - What happened? Have you been able to get this sorted out now? 

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos