Menu
Bobbykyp
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Has someone else registered my number?

My wife and I have an old Virgin PAYG phone that we only use occasionally as we are mainly abroad. We forgot the PIN 3 times and we don´t have the PUK. I tried to register the number online and the web site says the number is already registered. I don´t recall registering. In case we did register and forgot, I tried to recover a password by entering our email addresses and postcodes, but with no success. I remember calling Virgin a year or two ago when we wanted to replace our 17-year old Virgin SIM card with a microSIM and the person from Virgin also seemed to find a different name registered to the phone and we gave up as he could not verify either me or my wife as the owner. What should we do? We are very attached to the number as we have had it for so long. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Has someone else registered my number?

Hi Bobbykyp,

how long is it since you last made a chargeable action on this Virgin Mobile number / SIM?

PAYG SIM's from Virgin expire if not used within a certain time.

If it's one of Virgin Mobile's latest Pay As You Go tariffs (i.e. the “Big Data & Texts” or “Big Talk” tariffs), there’s an inactivity period of 180 days.

You need to make a chargeable phone call or text message at least once during this period.

See clauses 3.7 and 7.2(g) of their Terms & Conditions:

3.7 Keep talking!: You need to use our Services at least once within any 180 day period either by making a chargeable call or sending a text message. If you don’t we may suspend your access to the Services and disconnect you from the Network. We don’t really want to lose you as a customer so please ensure you keep talking or texting!

7.2 Suspension for other reasons: We may also suspend your use of the Services and disconnect your SIM from the Network without giving you notice if you, or anyone who uses your SIM:

(g) chooses not to use our Services within a 180 day period either by making a chargeable call or sending a text message;

If you’re on an older tariff such as “Original Pay As You Go","Addict” or “Simply 8p”, the inactivity period is only 90 days.

See clause 3.8 of the Old Terms and Conditions.

If you haven't used your SIM within this timeframe the mobile number may have been "recycled".

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Bobbykyp
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick reply. We are on the original PAYG. I topped the phone up early this year and I send the odd text every month or so when I am in the UK. So I don´t think it has been recycled.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bobbykyp

Welcome to the community and sorry to hear about your difficulty with the SIM PIN and the PUK code.

I'd like to see if we can offer some help here so I've sent you a private message which you can view by clicking on the envelope in the top right.

Many regards.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bobbykyp,

Thanks for sending the PM with the requested details. This has now been sorted out for you and I've arranged a new SIM card to be sent. This can take up to 7 working days to be delivered by Royal Mail.

You will have 30 days to activate the new card. To activate your new SIM:

Please let us know how this goes and get in touch if there's anything else we can help with.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help