Menu
Omar1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Got a £44 bill....on a £6 month contract

I've got a £6 month contract. Been ok so far. However for February, the bill has shown up as £44 instead of the usual £6. On my bill - there is £2 charge for 'using the internet' for just about every day in February.

What is all this about?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Got a £44 bill....on a £6 month contract

if you have internet included and went over the allowance or dont have mobile internet included the £2 charge is for using internet that dat.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

if you have internet included and went over the allowance or dont have mobile internet included the £2 charge is for using internet that dat.

Omar1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've just reviewed virgins sales page to confirm, that if a customer approaches their data limit - they should have received a text message from virgin. And I  received no such warning. Surely this makes it their fault? (The phone is for my teenager by the way).

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Omar1 wrote:

I've just reviewed virgins sales page to confirm, that if a customer approaches their data limit - they should have received a text message from virgin. And I  received no such warning. Surely this makes it their fault? (The phone is for my teenager by the way).

i think that is something you can setup but its not in place as standard - you need to ring 789 from the phone and see if they will do anything

Tony
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The texts saying data is nearly used up/used up, should be sent to all automatically. I have always received them for years, but the last ones I received were back in December - from January I have not been receiving the warning texts?. This is the same for both Sims I have - one on 4g and the other one still on 3g.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Omar1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Exactly. They claim to send 3 warning texts. At 75%, 95% and 100%. And we didn't get a single one.
I don't think its fair that I pay this bill? And am overseas myself - now I have to call long distance and get in the phone queue with that voice woman. No email support at all. (Why do things always go wrong when you go on holiday?)

We will 'always' on their contracts page.

virginmobile2.jpg

0 Kudos