Menu
Dusty_Warrior
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Got 4g upgrade?

Anybody hit their refresh date and got 4G on yet?
0 Kudos
richardjames73
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Got 4g upgrade?

Yes happened today. Got my new sim yesterday. Activated it all went through within about 10 minutes. From this morning I have LTE/4G data working.
0 Kudos
mdbray66
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes. On one number all is working well. SIM card out in after refresh date and 4G and date all good.

On another number, activated SIM card 3 weeks before refresh date. No data connection at all (obviously it works on WI-FI) , even on original 3G connection. After 3 calls to support, no joy after fiddling with settings. If anyone can suggest anything, please do. I have asked if the refresh date can be brought forward and I pay the difference but that can't be done.

Annoying thing is there is no warning of this when you order the SIM

Mike

0 Kudos
Dusty_Warrior
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Got my sim a couple days after launch.
Swapped in over and everything worked fine on 3g. Refresh is not till next week for me so don't know if 4g is going to work. I would push then to resolve your problem on 3g because of your 3g is dead now I don't see 4 working..

Get them to send you another sim, that way they will have to port it again hopefully correctly this time.
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

On the refresh date you will receive a text says it's been activated, of course you need to be getting the 4G signal and it may show as LTE on the phone but that's OK.

Poor reception = no 4G of course - when BT fully deploy the higher quality frequency it may change, currently most of the 4G signal is on a poorer performing frequency
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dusty_Warrior, 

Once your refresh date comes your 4G should come on straight away, if it doesn’t we can do a refresh for you. If your refresh date comes and it doesn’t come on for you please give us a call on 789 and we will get this resolved for you. 

Take care 

Kelly

0 Kudos