Menu
BenCoulson
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Getting into online account after 3 year gap

I signed up for Virgin Mobile many years ago as a Virgin Media cable customer. After my 2 year contract expired I took out a new contract and received an upgraded phone (3G BlackBerry). At some point the phone got broken. It was my fault so I simply purchased an unlocked handset from a second hand shop and put my SIM card in. I'm happy with the service I receive and the monthly cost. Besides Virgin Mobile don't offer any BlackBerry devices on their contracts any more.

Now several BlackBerry apps such as Facebook, Messenger and WhatsApp are no longer supported I would like to upgrade to the BlackBerry Classic which supports Android but for that I will need to order a new SIM because it takes the Nano size. Trying to login to the online account is an issue.

I have tried all of my regular online passwords with my BlackBerry e-mail address (ending in @virginmedia.blackberry.com) and no success. I suspect the account is associated with my old @ntlworld.com account and here is the snag. Since moving house 3 years ago to a non-cabled area I no longer have access to the account to reset the password.

The online verification process sends a code to my phone which I can enter no problem but I cannot reset my password by e-mail and it also asks me for my security answer but doesn't tell me the security question! I've tried Mother's maiden name, Grandmother's maiden name, town of birth, first pet, all the usual suspects but can't seem to get in. All I need to do is get a new Nano sim sent to my home address so I can upgrade this phone and carry on paying my monthly bill. Admittedly the home address I live in right now may not match the one on my account hence the need to try and log in.

I'll be at work today until late so I can't try anything that involves making a voice call so I need to get this done online. Alternatively I can visit the Virgin shop in Gloucester but last time they just told me to call some number which I was unable to do.

0 Kudos
BenCoulson
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Getting into online account after 3 year gap

SOLVED: Following a visit to the Virgin Media shop in Gloucester the very helpful Jen managed to get my account details updated (assisted by Robin as it was only her 2nd day) and a new SIM card is now installed and working in my BlackBerry, which can be changed to a micro or nano by the removal of sub-sections of the SIM. BlackBerry Classic is also on order.

Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Getting into online account after 3 year gap

Well done, that's a good result for you, which sadly seems to the exception rather than the rule.

If only Liberty Global could provide the same levels of service to all their customers on all of their offerings...........

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos