Menu
Harpagon
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Getting Started

I've just wasted 25 minutes of my life doing a simple thing - trying to register my details to deal with everything online. I am hoping my Account Reference is right - I can't get it to appear on the monthly e-mails I get about my bill (five attempts). I've got a letter with a nine figure reference (starting SV) that might be it, so I've used that. The area reference I've had to guess at - on that same letter there is a very long reference called Product Code which ends in 02 - so I've used that.

Ten attempts to additionally get those stupid pictures right to identify that I'm not a robot - every time it goes back to the previous page. Which suggests that either my pictures are wrong, or the account reference or the area reference. But I can't make any progress:

There appears to be no way of my sending an e-mail to Virgin and 789 doesn't work.

I've used every curse word I know in the last 25 minutes about Virgin and it's absurd that it's the unpaid community (a growing factor in online companies) to tell me what to do.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Getting Started

Hi Harpagon,

you are correct in that Virgin Mobile don't have an email address.

Is it just your Virgin Mobile that you wish to register?

You can do so starting here and entering your mobile number: Registration

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Harpagon,

you are quite right about Virgin's site not being as easy to navigate and find answers as it should.

Then there are also the inconsistencies and out of date information.

Fortunately in this instance I knew where to direct you to.

Happy to have been of help Smiley Happy

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Harpagon,

you are correct in that Virgin Mobile don't have an email address.

Is it just your Virgin Mobile that you wish to register?

You can do so starting here and entering your mobile number: Registration

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Harpagon
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin cuts down on having to deal with e-mails by having a forum. It's frustrating when you feel that is your last resort. They aren't keen on phone calls either but I'm hard of hearing so that doesn't bother me too much - I prefer e-mailing. But even so, if you have to phone and 789 is not accepting calls .........

But thank you for your help, I've successfully registered my account - which I will probably hardly use anyway, unless there is a change in my monthly bill.

I don't know if the facility you pointed me to was available when I was touring the website looking for help, but it certainly wasn't too prominent - as it could/should have been.

Anyway thanks again. I kudo'ed you first, then best answer'ed. I don't know which has worked 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Harpagon,

you are quite right about Virgin's site not being as easy to navigate and find answers as it should.

Then there are also the inconsistencies and out of date information.

Fortunately in this instance I knew where to direct you to.

Happy to have been of help Smiley Happy