Menu
annoyedUser8877
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Forgotten Password for broken phone

My son broke his mobile phone. Screen damaged. I am on a pay as you go contract. I try to log in to cancel it, and the site does not accept the password (system 'upgrade' maybe responsible). Try to register the phone again - no can do - it is already registered. Try to get a password reset, but those clever people do it by sending a code to the non-functioning mobile phone. There is no way to get the password sent to my email address. So I cannot register - already did, I cannot log in. I tried to call the customer services and despite saying that my call would be answered in about three minutes I am left on a line for far longer with no answer. I am left with one option. I just cancel the direct debit. What a waste of time. To correct this any of the following would have been helpful:

Allow password resets by email.

Answer the phone.

Have a contact us section that actually allows people to contact you. I know you think you are saving money by sending people around the houses with lots of routes to get no way of reaching a human being but you are losing customers as a result. Let people call you - just answer the phone and make the service better. Phone calls should be seen as a gold mine of customer feedback not a burden that you want to keep away. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Forgotten Password for broken phone

Hi annoyedUser8877, 

Welcome to the community, let me just say that I am sorry that you haven’t been able to reach us, I know that can be incredibly frustrating especially when you need some help. It has been unusually busy across all of our departments recently, I would suggest calling in early in the morning or later in the evening the lines will be quieter. 

We can reset your online account for you once you give us a call, and then you would be able to re-register. 

If you would like to cancel you ideally need to speak to the cancelation team, they are normally very busy in the middle part of the day, I would suggest calling those guys in the morning between 8-10 am or in the evening between 7 - 8 pm. 

I hope this helps, 

Let us know how you get on, 

Take care, 

Kelly 

0 Kudos