Menu
ldnsnoopy
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

First bill - SIM only monthly

I placed an order on 22 Feb for sim only and I got an email saying that the sim will be dispacted within 5-7 working days. Right on the follwing day I received my first bill. It covers the period 22Feb-21Mar and I have to pay within 12 calendar days. I haven't even received the sim and I think that it is ridiculous that VM charged me for the mobile 'service' while the sim is still on its way! I called the customer service asking when I should start be charging. I was told that it should be 14 days after I placed my order. But when I mentioned to them about the bill I received, they said that the system is correct. I should be paid 14 days after the bill is issued.

Does anybody else got the same experience? Is that how VM charges their customers? My mobile plan isn't the most expensive one but paying 5-7 workings days worth of tariff for nothing is just so unfair.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: First bill - SIM only monthly

Hi ldnsnoopy

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community Smiley Happy

When you place an order with us the account is activated within 24 hours to ensure your SIM card is up and running and ready to use.

Customers should receive their SIM within 2-3 days, but occasionally this can take up to 5 working days (or in very limited cases up to 14 days. Royal Mail aim to deliver 98% of 2nd Class items within 3 working days.

Should you find that this SIM doesn't arrive as expected though, we'd always advise giving the mobile team a call on 789 / 0345 600 0789, so we can investigate for you.

Let me know if there's further assistance I can offer with this.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos