Menu
usyter
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

First Bill of my SIM-only contract

Hi there!

I've just signed up to a SIM-only deal this week and I've already received my July bill of which is my monthly tariff cost (£5). But, I was wondering that since I have barely started using my allowances, why have i been billed so early? Is it a pay in advance system perhaps?

The reason I ask is that I was expecting my first bill approximately 1 month after I received my SIM, i.e. in August, so bit confused why such an earlier bill.

Thanks for reading this!

-Usy

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: First Bill of my SIM-only contract

usyter wrote:...

But, say on my next bill, in august, what will I billed for then, the next month's allowances? So a pay in advance-style billing?

Hi uyster,

I'm not actually a pay monthly customer myself so I can't speak from personal experience.

But having read many posts on this forum and VM's website (such as the link I provided) that would be the case.

Except of course for any "out of tariff" charges which would have to be billed the following month.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi usyter,

it's normal to be billed within the early days of your contract as this is to cover the month ahead. 

About your bill > When do I get my bill?

"You'll get your very first bill in the first week of your contract. It'll include your first monthly charge, as well as all your call details up to the billing date. From then on, we'll send you your bill on the same date every month."

usyter
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Oh, thanks for the info! : )

But, say on my next bill, in august, what will I billed for then, the next month's allowances? So a pay in advance-style billing?

Thanks for your time!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

usyter wrote:...

Hi uyster,

I'm not actually a pay monthly customer myself so I can't speak from personal experience.

But having read many posts on this forum and VM's website (such as the link I provided) that would be the case.

Except of course for any "out of tariff" charges which would have to be billed the following month.