Menu
jack29
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Failed top-up but money taken

Just tried (40mins ago) to do a PAYG top-up on line and it said payment failed try again, so I did. The payment said failed on the second attempt so I called my bank who have confirmed BOTH payments of £15 have gone through fine....where do I go from here? The credit is NOT on my phone but has been confirmed by the bank.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Failed top-up but money taken

Hi, call 789 & speak to someone.
They should be able to see how much credit you now have.
If it's £30 & you only want £15, explain the mistake (i.e it said payment failed try again) & they should be able to reimburse you.
It happened to me once & they paid it back without problem. It just took a few days to show back in my bank account.

AlexKid :-)
0 Kudos
psdhart
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem, tried speaking to 789 but they suggested my bank could be the problem which is not the case

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sometimes the bank allow the money to be taken but it never is, in this case a couple of days later it reappears as if by magic. The bank ringfence the cash for Virgin if they have failed to take it the above applies
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi psdhart,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry that you are experiencing a problem with your online top-up and that this was not sorted out for you when you called in. Has this been resolved for you now?

If you still haven't received the credit you purchased, I can look into this for you.

I will need to take more information from you in order to check this, so I'll send you a private message. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help