Menu
Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Extra data offer with delayed renewal start date?

So, I took advantage of the ps4 and phone offer earlier today as I was due an upgrade anyway.  Also an incentive was because the extra data offer is still on until the nd of the month which with my option gave 4gb instead of 1gb and the offer with the Sony XA1 confirms this on the vijrgin mobile website so I took up the offer.

Only I find out that due to a supply delay the handset and PS4 is stated as not arriving until the 11th August and the new allowance won't take affect until 22nd of August.  Now the issue I have that whilst the offer detail confirms the extra data under offer ending 31st July on the website, the renewal information only states 1gb of data!.  Seeing as I've renewed and signed today online before the extra data offer finishes do I still get the extra data under the offer despite that I'll not get the handset & PS4 until the 12th August & allowance won't take affect until the 22nd of August?.

Because everything on the website when I sign in makes no mention of the extra data, it only states 1gb data when I signed up with a 4gb data offer.

0 Kudos
Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extra data offer with delayed renewal start date?

Anyone any ideas on this as I can't get a straight answer form the local virgin guys in store yesterday?.  

All I'm trying to find out and clarify is that if an offer I took up and signed for on the 24th July (Monday) will include the quadruple data as part of that offer (which ends Monday 31st) despite that the new allowance doesn't start until the 22nd August due to billing cycle?.

As whilst my account shows the upgrade and new allowance starting 22nd August it only states 1gb data and not the 4gb I partly took up the offer based on.

0 Kudos
Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So, I call 789 tonight (as been away all week) to try and resolve this after getting the email to say the upgarade has been dispatched only to feel like banging my head against the wall over virgin mobile staff not knowing what there offers or prices are from month to month!.

The person says my upgrade is £19 per month for the upgrade and 1500mins and 1gb of data, a tariff that doesn't exist either last month or this!.  No I tell them, I signed up for a £21 tariff giving the upgrade (including ps4) and 4gb of data, I have screen caps to prove this!.  Guy puts me on hold, get transferred and have to explain myself all over again to another member, get told again "but your on a £19 per month upgrade giving 1gb data" so I point out no, I signed up last month, under the 4x data offer and the tariff was £21 per month giving 4gb of data under the cthen 4x data offer, do you not know what last months offers and prices were?" I ask.

So I have been given a 3gb data top up this month as a "good will gesture" which is NOT what I asked for and told they will raise a ticket with there supervisor to "investigate" the issue!.  Sorry, no investigation is needed, any decent virgin member of staff should be fully aware of there offers and prices are and should act to resolve right away once infomed of an error and not be told they will raise a ticket to have the matter looked at which could take 5 working days just to be looked at and probably tell me nothing.  

Is nobody here able to be of any help or information to resolve this or do I have to refuse to accept the upgrade when its due to arrive tomorrow as no way am I playing the raised ticket 5 days just to be looked at game!.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave606,

Thanks for taking the time to post. My deepest apologies the delay in the order has caused you to miss out on the quadruple data offer.

I believe you already have this in hand with Lucy so she'll update you as soon as possible.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos