Menu
Bobrow
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Existing customer mobile upgrade issues

Having upgraded on 7 June, new phone delivered was unsuitable so returned back to VM under the 14 day rule. Dialed the guys at 789 who said a more suitable phone would be dispatched under the same tariff as soon as the other phone was received. Phoned again on friday to see where my new phone was, to be told I can't demand a new phone until my refresh date of 1st July!!?

My old phone is rapidly dying and I required a new one last week; have tried upgrading online but it states I have to pay off my existing loan, I have no existing loan as the credit agreement raised for the earlier upgrade has now been cancelled on return of the phone!

I cannot wait another 2 weeks for a new phone, why can't I just get an upgrade now with the same tariff I have already accepted. 789 have not been helpful, 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Existing customer mobile upgrade issues

Hi Bobrow

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you've had getting the handset exchanged.

There's no reason why you would have to wait to your refresh date for the replacement phone, so it sounds like there's been some confusion there, sorry about that.

It sounds like we've unwound the previous agreement for you which can take a few days to complete - again sorry for the delay here.

It's been a few days since your post, I just wanted to check if you've been able to make some progress with this?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos