Menu
christmassam200
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Exchange Phones

HI,

I ordered a brand spanking new phone on Tuesday and it turned up on the Wednesday. On Friday I tried to turn it on and it was frozen. I contacted Virgin who said I can exchange it for a new one. I opted for this option and they said I can hand over my old one for my new one to the delivery driver. They turned up today and told me that they couldn't accept my old phone without a barcode. They wouldn't leave me my new phone as it was a swap. Now I have been left without a phone. I contacted Virgin who said they don't need a barcode to accept my old phone. All they need is a signature. Has anybody encountered this before and what was the outcome?

Thanks.  

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Exchange Phones

Return the phone cancel he contract, leave it a week or two reorder what you want
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi christmassam200,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post on the Forum. I'm sorry that your new phone sent out last week didn't work and that the phone swap didn't go as planned. 

Checking this for you, I can see that our Customer Care team has arranged another jiffy bag to be sent to you so that we can get your new phone to you (it's noted to make sure that there is a barcode on the packaging). 

Please keep us posted on how this goes for you and let me know if you have any further problems. 

Apologies again for the inconvenience this causes for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

That sounds like you are sending a return pack without sending a new phone?
0 Kudos