Menu
kopz
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

End of sim only contract

Hello all,

My sim only contract ends on Feb 1st . It is a 12 month contract. Can some one answer the below questions as I am confused from terms and condition page.

1) Do I need to give 1 month notice to cancel my contract after Feb 1 2016.

2) Also can I request a PAC code now , and if I can will I incur any charges?

3)What would be the state of my account after my contract ends?. Will it  be monthly  or will it be converted to a pay as you go

Regards,

V

0 Kudos
vtank
Up to speed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: End of sim only contract

1) Do I need to give 1 month notice to cancel my contract after Feb 1 2016.

You give your notice now, with some providers they force you into a "renewal" for further X months or move you to a new 30 day rolling contract.

2) Also can I request a PAC code now , and if I can will I incur any charges?

Requesting your PAC code is also understood as a cancellation notice, the code works for 30 days. Once the code is used your plan will automatically cancel from VM. 

0 Kudos
kopz
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks vtank.That was my understanding as well.

But I fall into SIM only 12 month contract. The link below which shows the legal stuff ( I think my contract comes under Terms and conditions of service - Pay Monthly SIM Only ) doesn't say about 1 month notice and says I can cancel anytime after end of agreement without any notice. 

http://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/our-service.html 

Unfortunantely I didn't have any help from customer care. In fact they said I couldn't request a PAC code until the agreement ends. 

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HI Vtank

thank you for your post

It is indeed that you need to call virgin mobile to cancel the contract. Its 30 days notice before the contract end date, however, you wont be forced to renew this.

you can request the pac code as well at the time you set the cancelation. You wouldn't be charged for getting the pac code, only if the pac code was used prior to the contract ending .

call the cancelation team on 0800 183 1150

hope this helps
Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
kopz
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Lee_B,

The number helped me and my queries got clarified.

0 Kudos