Menu
miksus
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

End of contract

My contract is due for renewal on 12th December 2016. I have had no success in organising this. I am deeply disappointed in the customer service. I have received several phone calls from virgin mobile staff trying to get me to upgrade. On each occasion i asked them to speak to my wife to organise this, thus giving my permission for them to speak to her regarding this. My wife knew what it was that I wanted and as the money comes out of her bank I wanted her to organise it. Each person I spoke to kept pressing me to make the decision and organise there and then but I wasn't comfortable with this as it is my wife's money that pays for it. I am appalled at the way they dealt with it. I understand they have a script that they can't deviate from and there are rules and protocols they have to follow ie. Speak to the account holder. But I am also aware that if I give my permission they should have been able to speak to my wife but none followed through with this. I actually had one member of staff hang up on me. I did tell him just before he hung up on me that I no longer wanted to renew and to just cancel my contract when the time comes. He obviously did not take into account what i said. There was no flexibility whatsoever. I have been a customer for a number of years with mobile phones, internet, TV and landline and I have never experienced this before. In fact it was my wife who initially set up this account for me.

It is now with regret that I will NOT be renewing my contract when it is due on 12th December. Please confirm you have received this notice and that the account will be cancelled at the appropriate date and when my final payment will be taken.

As I cannot sort this out by phone as your staff are incapable of actually listening

DABhand
Super solver
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: End of contract

Remember you have to give 30 days notice.

Also when you give permission that your wife can choose, did you do this when she was available to take the phone from you to talk to the CSR?

Did you not try to call in with your wife available to talk about it?

Majide!
0 Kudos
miksus
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Oh 30 days notice has well been given , imo I think a better understanding of the English language would help.
miksus
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

My wife took out four contracts for four family members, she is the bill payer for all four contracts , she was told that she could only hold three contracts with her name so added mine , but she is still allowed to be the bill payer of said contract. Therfore she pays for all four contracts. The contract with my name on is up for renewal but because of the hassle ref not taking to my wife I will not be renewing my contract.

All I've been trying to do is make sure my contract is finished. Nitemare indeed
robbo_27
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

agree with the last post,its harrd to get a replie from them,i thought by now they would have a simple email address so you can get your problems sorted out quickly,i find they seem to pass you from pillow to post

DABhand
Super solver
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

miksus wrote:
My wife took out four contracts for four family members, she is the bill payer for all four contracts , she was told that she could only hold three contracts with her name so added mine , but she is still allowed to be the bill payer of said contract. Therfore she pays for all four contracts. The contract with my name on is up for renewal but because of the hassle ref not taking to my wife I will not be renewing my contract.

All I've been trying to do is make sure my contract is finished. Nitemare indeed

Sorry for not replying sooner.

I will assume the English language comment was about the phone staff of course, and not me Smiley Tongue

However you have to understand if you are the sole name on the account, they wouldn't have been able to recall your wife as that would be a breach of the Data Protection Act if they did that, like I was saying before if your wife was next to you when they called and you gave permission to them to talk to her without recalling, basically there and then they would have because you already passed DPA.

Hence why I asked did you not try to call back with your wife available at the same time to discuss it.

Majide!
0 Kudos
miksus
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Data protection act !! my wife set the account up in my name which was by request of virgin media staff lmao,as she was only allowed three accounts in her name but ultimately allowed to pay for all four!

my wife is the bill payer but virgin media staff are happy for me to order the dearest phone and sim package without confirmation from the bill payer as virgin media won't talk to her..... Data protection act indeed..
0 Kudos
Katnip123
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Miksus
I totally agree with you, basic understanding just isnt enough!
0 Kudos
DABhand
Super solver
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

miksus wrote:
Data protection act !! my wife set the account up in my name which was by request of virgin media staff lmao,as she was only allowed three accounts in her name but ultimately allowed to pay for all four!

my wife is the bill payer but virgin media staff are happy for me to order the dearest phone and sim package without confirmation from the bill payer as virgin media won't talk to her..... Data protection act indeed..

I have no idea why you are getting angry at me, however you pointed out again "In your name"... like I was saying as soon as that call you had where you said to the staff you give permission to call your wife and then that current call is ended, then when they call out DPA has to be passed again. And since it is your name on the account (again you confirmed this) your wife couldn't really do it.

It is a serious breach if they did allow it, and they can be fined heavily for this.

Again no idea why you are being this rude to me, I don't work for VM and I was trying to point out the reason why they may not have called your wife.

Majide!
0 Kudos
miksus
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Majide you are a sensitive soul. Angry and rude lol its amazing how written word can be perceived.

Merry Christmas 🎄
0 Kudos